Goodstart is Australia's largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. Every day, 13,500 Goodstart staff support over 60,000 families and the 71,500 children that attend our 648 centres nation–wide. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our Social Inclusion team supporting our Enhancing Children's Outcomes (EChO) centres in Glendale and Woongarrah, while also supporting other Centres Occasionally. You will be working closely with the Educators within our centres to provide specific advice and coaching regarding strategies to improve the outcomes of highly vulnerable children.
We are offering a part-time fixed term contract, ending October 2022 for 2 days per week (15.2 hours) commencing as soon as possible. We are flexible on which days however Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday are the preferred. We are also offering flexible working arrangements with the ability to work from home occasionally.
About the role:
- Support and empower early years educators to build the capability to observe, identify and explain any concerns related to the learning, development and well-being of children within the centre.
- Promote an integrated, evidence-informed approach to deliver improved outcomes for children and families
- Undertake observations between children and educators and provide feedback to support the ongoing development of the child-educator relationship
- Provide formal and informal consultation and coaching around evidence-informed practices that enhance childrens care and education
- Create strong external linkages to community supports and services that will best meet the needs of children and families.
- Support our educators to communicate and engage with parents around the needs of their child
- Make referrals to allied health services as required
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Strong understanding of child development (birth - 5 years)
- Strong understanding of participation focused interventions
- Strong understanding of evidence-based outcome measures such as Goal Attainment Scaling and the Canadian Occupational Performance Measure
- Experience working in the early childhood context, and understanding of the key occupational needs of children 0-5
- Experience working with young children and families, particularly vulnerable children and families
We offer the following benefits -
- Be empowered to drive continuous change and find new and innovative ways of working to achieve goals
- Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes
- Gain significant investment in your growth and development with support, tools, training and experiences that will truly enhance the progress and outcomes for children in their earliest years.
- Be a part of a team and work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, inclusion and purpose
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income to increase take home pay
- Access to discounted childcare
- Flexible work arrangements giving you choice about when and how work will be done in order to better manage your work and non-work needs
- Discounted health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA
- Opportunity to participate in active social club events
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more….
If you have any queries regarding this opportunity, please contact Alysse Giudice - firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not e-mail your application to this e-mail address, please apply directly through our website to be considered for this position)
Posting Notes: GLENDALE, NEWCASTLE || NSW || Australia (AU) || Social Inclusions || SF:LI || No Early Childhood Qualification || Part-Time