The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Business Analyst, Securities Services - Global Banking and Markets.
- Responsible for leading the analysis of complex business need or opportunity through the definition of business requirements across Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Middle Office, Global Custody and Trustee Services areas
- Accountable for the end to end management of requirements through the SDLC and Product Delivery Cycle for key Securities Services (small to medium) client projects in Asset Owner & Management (“AO&M”) sector that sit within the Global Product Delivery team.
- Collaborate with business partners, technology groups, suppliers and customers to elicit, analyse and communicate business requirements/ use cases/stories
- Manage the documentation of business and NFR requirements/use cases in sufficient detail, ensuring priorities, acceptance criteria and requirements values are clearly defined
- Translate data requirements into appropriate customer journeys, user scenarios, UI, workflows to build functional specifications as needed
- Define the overall business requirements management process and associated governance, stage gates and signoffs
- Liaise with the Product Delivery Leads and owners in the management of the product requirement backlog and planning
- Work with technical BA and Development teams to ensure full understanding of requirements and how they translate into solution and technical designs
- Provide input into the development of business cases to estimate cost, outcomes and business benefits
- Work with testing teams/ analysts or provide test support, to ensure traceability of requirement through the testing and delivery cycle (waterfall, sprints, timebox)
- Perform Impact and Asis/To Be gap Analysis of solutions and build of operational readiness criteria and actions
- Definition and execution of Model Office Testing activities including business support for training and implementation documentation
- Create and review test scenarios and support the execution of testing activities and reporting
- Provide backup to the project manager in managing risk and issues, overall planning and management of status
- Active involvement in the development of organisation analysis, operational effectiveness and change ways of working
- Minimum of 7 years’ professional business analysis experience
- Excellent analysis skills using a variety of techniques
- Experience with Agile and product delivery methods, Excellent analytics capability and ability to adapt to change
- Worked in a formal requirements modelling environment and used related tools Doors, Jira
- Must demonstrate experience in business process reengineering or operational effectiveness programs
- Data and Digital
- Org change management
- Ability to define testing plans and scenarios for small to medium projects
- Experience in the delivery of projects utilising Agile techniques, Product led delivery and ownership, data and digital, dev ops design
thinking, value streams, Lean, BPMN
- Experience of leading teams, supporting team development, capability uplift and performance management
- Able to demonstrate ability to build relationships, communicate effectively, offer alternatives, challenge and justification within a business context with C-Suite Client and Senior stakeholders across the business in
- Experience consulting external clients and stakeholder in including regulators
- A solid understanding of SDLC and business change techniques including the application of industry-standard methodologies, techniques, complex modelling, and scenario planning.
- Financial Services experience desirable, ideally in a Fund Administration, Transfer Agency or Investment Management field, with a proven experience and understanding of a complex Operations environment including current mandatory regulations
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.