Primary Location: Qatar
Job Posting: Jan 12, 2021
Unposting Date: Feb 27, 2021
You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
• Overall supervision of structural engineers.
• Technical competence of structural personnel.
• Forecast requirement for structural engineering resources and allocate those resources.
• Structural design integrity of work scope and maintenance of standards.
• Identify structural software necessary to enable structural group to function effectively.
• Interdisciplinary communication development.
• Structural group communication development.
• Prepare structural discipline man hour estimates to perform project tasks.
• Check compliance with QA/safety/environment goals.
• Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
• Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
• Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
• Promote career development within the group.
• Identify and review new technology development, which could be applicable in providing more cost-effective facilities.
• Technical supervision of project designated structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
• Prepare weekly structural progress and expenditure reports on a project specific basis.
• Benchmark structural design/drafting to identify areas of improvements.
- Thorough knowledge of the codes and standards and a good understanding of offshore engineering practices.
- Familiar with international standards such as AISC, API, ASTM, BS, etc.
- Sound grasp in offshore structural analyses for all kinds of pre-service (loadout, lift, transportation, launch/flotation, on-bottom stability) and in-service (inplace, seismic, fatigue, pushover)
- Knowledge of structural detailing and capability to develop construction friendly and economic connection and support details.
- Experience in life extension assessment projects will be an advantage.
Industry Specific Experience:
- With a minimum of 20 years of structural design / engineering experience for offshore project.
User of SACS and MS Office softwares, STAAD Pro and MathCAd.
- Working experience in USFOS software for pushover analyses
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage