· To advise all user departments within the GENM Group (“the Group”) from legal perspective on issues relating to the Group’s operations and projects to ensure that:
o the Group is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations to minimize the Group’s exposure for any liabilities;
o the Group’s legal interests and rights are protected; and
o the user department is in compliance with the relevant internal procedures and policies of the Group.
· To draft, review, prepare, advise and comment on all contracts and other legally binding documents to be entered into or entered into by the user departments.
· To source appropriate external lawyer, engage external lawyer and liaise and work with external lawyer on matters which require external assistance.
· To provide legal advice and opinion on issues raised by user departments from time to time.
· To promote legal awareness and to conduct briefings on legal awareness, as needed.
· To conduct legal research and to keep abreast with developments or updates in the relevant laws and regulations applicable to the Group.
· To manage and advise on operations trademarks and other operations IP rights of the Group.
· To assist in managing litigation and consumer tribunal cases and liaising and working with external lawyer on the same.
· To assist in drafting of policies and procedures to ensure legal and regulatory compliance by the relevant user departments.
· To supervise subordinates within the Legal Department.
· To assist in and/or to attend to assignments or matters as instructed by the Head of Legal, from time to time.