External Managers Department
The External Managers Department seeks to identify and develop relationships with the best breed of global investment managers to benefit GIC at large, and at the same time capturing investment opportunities to outperform our benchmarks.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join EMD as an Associate/AVP, External Funds Strat, who will be responsible in generating data-driven insights for the EMD investment professionals.
- As part of the External Managers Department, you will pioneer an effort to produce data-driven insights to augment the fundamental investment process.
- You will work directly with the EMD Strat Lead and Portfolio Managers, who will provide guidance on EMD’s investment process as well as how and why data-driven insights can be useful.
- You will be involved in producing the insight end-to-end, from idea and data evaluation, to data engineering and presenting the insights to the investment professional.
- This role will require quick and numerous iterations of ideas and engagements with the portfolio managers.
- You will be relied upon, over time, to combine your knowledge of EMD’s investment domain with technical skillsets to identify and implement opportunities to further augment EMD’s investment process with data and technology, and potentially grow the team in the medium term.
- An academic background in Computing, Mathematics, or an Engineering-based field, with at least a basic understanding of statistical optimization techniques
- Basic financial domain knowledge in Funds, Equities and/or Fixed Income
- Proficiency in the following languages – Python, SQL
- Eagerness to learn the EMD investment process and willingness to learn other skillsets required for this role, as they come up
- As the pioneering team, a candidate with a can-do attitude and comfort working on untested grounds, will improve the chances of success
Candidates with knowledge or experiences in any of the following areas will have an added edge to the role:
- Prior experience in asset management
- Data science techniques – either in NLP and/or Machine Learning
- Data visualizations (D3.js) and business visualization tools like Tableau
- Basic knowledge of full stack development