Ramada Resort by Wyndham Dead Sea is now seeking a General Manager to join our team in Jordan.
The role holder will contribute to the performance of the hotel by leading the business forward from the front by leading by example. This role needs to ensure that at all times that the key stakeholders (Wyndham Hotels and Resorts/Ownership/Team members/Guests) are all satisfied.
- Must be able to drive yield, profitability and excellence in service standards.
- Hold property leadership team accountable for project execution, and guide their individual and professional development.
- Build strong rapport with property owners through proactive and on-going communication; as well as keep them informed of brand initiatives and guest experience
DEFINE AND DELIVER AGAINST THE HOTEL’S STRATEGIC PLAN
- Define and deliver against the hotel’s strategic plan
- Working closely with the Regional Office, the General Manager will define and execute against a detailed strategic and budget plan for the property. This will include setting performance targets, enforcing policies, processes and procedures as well as defining the infrastructure of the hotel, particularly critical in the opening phase
- The General Manager will create a positive identity and awareness of the hotel within the city, region and country, to help ‘Grow our Iconic Brands’
- Will build and keep an excellent relationship with owners and protecting the assets and act as an extension of the WH&R Management team. Will build a strong PR presence and relationship with Media, Trade shows etc.
- Create and establish the property on defined target markets, business management and develop and fulfill the defined business plan at a hotel and company level.
QUALITY ASSURANCE, BRAND STANDARDS AND GUEST SATISFACTION
- As the guardian and protector of the Wyndham brand, the General Manager will ensure that all activities are conducted within the brand standards of WH&R.
- They will also take steps to set up and initiate guest satisfaction measurement tools like Wynreview/Trip Advisor, team member awareness and operating standards and SOP’s/LSOP’s in order to ensure the highest level of performance, compliance and guest satisfaction for the property in fitting with the high standards expected in a hotel of this type.
- ‘Leverage the strength of the World’s Largest Hotel Company’, to deliver results with the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program
- Responsible for HR leadership of direct reports and their teams (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), team member development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all team members providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Ensure that the Hotel in conjunction with the HR Leader are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. i.e. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Working with the Regional HR Manager and on property HR Leader ensure that the Talent Reviews are alive and active and the target audience know why they are so important
- Ensure that the Hotel is 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Review the LTO in the Hotel in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions with HOD’s to further develop both their technical and management skills.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles as per the WH&R standards
- In conjunction to the HR Leader review manning and re-recruitment of all positions
As communication is key for any business meetings (or similar ones) need to happen in a regular manner:
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with RVP in 121’s
- Monthly HOD Meeting
- Weekly Exec Com Meeting
- Quarterly all Hotel Meeting
- Monthly Business Review Meeting
- Chair Monthly Credit Meetings
- Owners Meetings
- Review with the Finance Leader/HR Leader the payroll figures and challenge the HOD’s with regards to over spending and casual usage
- Be accountable for the overall performance of the hotel and will be involved in all key decisions and expenditures
- Manage the CAPEX/OPEX in alignment to the approved budget
- Have ultimate responsible for the hotel Balance Sheet /P&L and will manage the relationships with the owner and Wyndham on an ongoing basis
- Be responsible for preparing the annual budget for Wyndham and owner approval in conjunction with the relevant Exec Com
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to the Regional Office
- Be accountable for the overall success and performance of the hotel and the delivery of operational, brand led and financial goals whilst delivering exceptional guest service and quality
- In conjunction with the Exec Com/HOD’s the General Manager will measure overall performance based on KPI’s and regular reporting, keeping a firm control over the bottom line Profit and Loss and anticipating and or resolving potential problems or obstacles which may hinder revenue optimization, cost control or quality. Should there be any changes in revenue generation this is communicated to the Regional Office immediately
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Team player
- Strategic planning and decision making
- Commercial acumen
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- True hotelier
- Attention to detail
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s WeCom! Service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree level educated, ideally within a hospitality management related or business administration discipline from an internationally recognized hospitality school or similar
and/or profound industry experience as General Manager as per below.
- Broad international experience as a General Manager in branded international 4 and/or 5 star hotels - 5 years minimum
- Previous international working experience ideally in two regions like Europe, Middle East is highly desirable
- Experience within the hospitality commercial function, such as sales, revenue management, marketing, managing a P&L statement
- Significant experience of managing people including large, complex and multi-national teams as well as strong understanding of F&B.
- Understanding of uniform systems of accounts used for hotels.
- A strong sense of commerciality and financial acumen
- Computer literacy and a high level of competency within Microsoft Office programmes and hotel reservations systems (Micros Opera)
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Ramada Dead Sea Resort, Sweimeh , Dead Sea Road , 11180 Amman, Dead Sea, N/A N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.