Job Title: Software Engineer I
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Software Engineer designs, codes, documents, tests, and debugs internal and external web applications as well as reporting systems.
- Implement designs by writing codes, unit testing and debugging for current and upcoming projects
- Support production applications and analyze and optimize production problems within the applications and maintaining bug-free web applications
- Write runbooks, help pages, and technical documents
- Analyze application and system requirements and produce designs to help the Business Analysis team to document business requirements and design application architecture
- Regularly report status to Project or Development Managers
- Coordinate Software Development Life Cycle(CDLC)
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field (or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree)
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS / SASS skills.
- Knowledge of HTML accessibility tags and techniques.
- Experience with responsive design.
- Knowledge of JAVA, JSP or any other Server Side Programming language.
- Experience interfacing with back-end web services (e.g. JSON, AJAX, REST)
- Knowledge of software development practices including source code control, build environment, and tools