Overview of the job
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic talent with experience in social media campaign management to join our client team in Hong Kong that services two massive tech clients based in Asia who are focused on global /outbound media activities.
The key focus of this role will be on one client specifically, but with our new structure and company set up in Hong Kong there are amazing opportunities to be had to work on lots of other interesting brands and pitches as we grow.
We are a bit different from other regional/global teams in that we do a lot of implementation centrally, so if that is what you are interested in – this client & team is definitely for you.
Our clients have very high expectations. We need someone who has good attention to details. Successful candidate should be a teamplayer who is able to work under pressure and, occasionally, long hour
Reporting of the role
3 best things about the job
- Gaining experience to work on very prestigious China-based clients advertising in the international market
- Working in leading global media agency network with state-of-the-art planning tools
- Working with a team of media professionals who are friendly and willing to share experience and know-how
Measures of success
- 3 Months
- Gain knowledge of the account(s) assigned to you
- Get familiar with all the planning, reporting requirements and all necessary procedures related to media planning and execution
- Able to assist Performance manager in plan development, campaign execution and monitoring / reporting
- 6 Months
- Can work independently in social campaign set-up and execution
- Able to develop media plan with minimal supervision from Performance manager
- Able to work independently with creative partners and client on material coordination
- 12 Months
- Able to handle social campaigns from briefing to plan execution independently
- Assist performance manager in tactical planning related to paid social activities
- Social media campaign set-up and plan executions
- Coordinate with client / creative partners on creative assets
- Campaign optimization
- Monitoring campaign performance and budget utilization
- Support on reporting: competitive, insights, post buy, proof of appearance, campaign acceptance etc as required
- Support on financial procedures relating to social media campaigns
What you will need
- 1-2 years in media business, preferably with social media planning and campaign execution experience
- Mandarin & English working proficiency, regional or global experience preferable but not mandatory if willing to learn.
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content, and technology agency in the world. Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.