Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Access Planner is responsible for supporting off-net network architecture in Asia Pacific. Ensures optimal design and capacity utilization requirements. Supports the company strategy around vendor partnerships, network expansion, and incremental and embedded cost management. Assimilates various internal and external customer requirements, creates new network capacity solutions, assembles the required equipment augment costs and budgets and participates in the overall network augment approval and trigger process. Undertakes specific network simplification and network enablement projects.
• Understands current on-net and off-net network architecture and technology to ensure capacity and efficiency of the groom plans and network expansion
• Builds market strategy to manage incremental and embedded network expense, establish strategic partnerships, and maintain competitive unit cost
• Communicates with various teams to understand specific customer requirements and translates them into direction for various operational teams
• Prepares status/progress reports and updates management on projects. May participate in development of reports under minimal supervision
• Supports and plans introduction of new technologies to support off-net access like UNE, EoC, wireless etc
• May assist with the evaluation of new products to enable new service introduction, cost savings, and /or performance utilization
• Assists in requirements, development, implementation and use of reporting procedures and methodologies to analyze network utilization and predicts growth trends under periodic supervision
• May participate in cross functional teams to better understand the architecture and operations of the network with periodic supervision
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Business
- + 5 years relevant experience and with telecommunication experience will be an advantage
- Experience in an engineering role that included a substantial business/financial focus
- Extensive understanding of access architecture, market analysis and telecom industry
- Extensive analytical background and skills
- Strong data/economic analysis skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with an intense focus on quality
- Proven track record as adept and effective project manager
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and communications skills
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio and SQL
- Positive and professional attitude, appearance and demeanor
- Solid entrepreneurial spirit
Requisition #: 235392
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.