Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Production Engineering Consultant actively performs standard production engineering operations, to include providing evaluation of production history under natural and artificial lift constrained to surface network operations, to deliver Production Optimization solutions for clients. Acting as a key technical contributor, this role helps to identify potential issues or favourable conditions in order to optimize economic recovery from a well. The role should be able to comprehend and explain the inputs such as data & assumptions, workflow, results and recommendations with client and the implications/impact of these on operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE -
- Ensure that that Health, Safety, Environment and Quality are the responsibility of all employees.
- Demonstrate effective Safety leadership at all times to enhance the organization’s commitment to safety performance.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality & Service Delivery.
- Applying Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality Policy and Management Systems.
- Perform reliability and failure analysis of well and surface network under supervision to establish root cause analysis of failure and suggest mitigation techniques for future operations.
OPERATIONAL CAPABILITY -
- Perform production analysis and optimize production under surface and reservoir constraints with minimal supervision:
- Perform material balance calculations, pressure transient analysis, and production analysis
- Build IPR based on well productivity, determine operating point base on tubing performance curve
- Generate model inputs necessary for reservoir simulation such as VLP curve, surface or downhole pressure constraints
- Perform nodal analysis, tubing lift calculations, tubing lift evaluation without supervision
- Design, analyse and optimize artificial lift systems including but not limited to gas lift, ESP, rod lift, jet pump etc.
- Identify production issues caused by near wellbore issues e.g. skin or permeability degradation, sand production, wellbore issues e.g. liquid loading, hydrates, paraffin, asphaltenes and recommend solutions to assure optimal flow
- Build black oil, extended black oil, compositional, EOR and thermal models for well and surface network
- Perform routine QA/QC on all production and completion data relevant to building production models
- Evaluate surface production facilities impact on short-term, mid-term and long-term field performance by:
- Building surface network models incorporating wells, pipelines, pumps, separators and delivery nodes
- Defining forecast scenarios incorporating reservoir deliverability constraints, flow capacity, processing capacity and economic constraints
- Performing surface network optimization under production constraints, delivery requirements, lift gas availability, injection water availability or produced liquid handling
- Identifying bottlenecks and flow issues impacting performance
- Understand Field Services Management protocols to create, modify, monitor, close activities. Generate and Q/C post jobs reports.
- Perform material balance (MB), pressure transient analysis (PTA) and rate transient analysis (RTA) studies under supervision.
- Understand DOF concepts and apply under supervision to:
- Configure and trouble shoot a SCADA system incorporating RTU’s, gauges
- Understand configuration requirements and communication protocols necessary to acquire data from field
- Understand data flow between SCADA and production optimization platform to monitor real time production operations
- Perform flow assurance studies under supervision.
- Perform risk and economic analysis, under supervision.
- Demonstrate basic awareness of additional relevant technical domains, such as: Geology, Petrophysics, Geophysics and Production Engineering; and the integration of results with other technology, such as Drilling, Logging by:
- Performing qualitative interpretation of petrophysical inputs and reservoir properties
- Providing production, pressure, lift characteristics data necessary for history match
- Evaluating output from reservoir simulation for history match, conformance of forecast constraint to field conditions
- Make decisions within established guidelines, seeking advice of senior team members on new or unfamiliar challenges or situations falling outside of normal procedures.
- Work independently or as part of a team on assigned projects as instructed, complying with verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Produce technical reports and presentations under supervision.
- Maintain membership of relevant professional societies. Participate in presentations to local technical societies and remain current on industry regulations and developments.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
CLIENT & COMMUNICATION -
- Meet regularly with clients, either accompanied by senior team members or sales staff, or independently.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT -
- Participate in training and development through classroom courses, eLearning, and on-the-job projects with senior team members.
- Provide technical guidance to junior professionals or technicians.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering/ relevant engineering from a recognized university.
- Minimum 2-5+ years related experience.
- Must be resident in Kuwait or have a transferable Kuwait Residence Visa.
- Must have a Kuwait Driving License.
- Computer Literacy in MS Windows plus basic desktop applications.
- Able to work independently with remote and infrequent supervision.
- Able to provide oversight to small teams of professional and technical members.
- Proficiency in industry leading Production Engineering Software.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary team to define objectives and operational guidelines for defining a cross domains solution.
- Consulting experience related to design, implementation or monitoring of a digital oil field solution.
- Experience evaluating performance of wells under natural flow and artificial lift.
- Experience with industry standard software’s such as iDO, Wellflo, PanSystem, ReO, Gas lift design, ESP design, Rod Pump design.
- Field experience in production operations.
- Ability to lead team to deliver objectives and operational guidelines for a cross domains solution.
- Assisting with Project management for defining activities, determining resources and monitoring project timeline for a successful delivery of multi-disciplinary solution as specified in statement of work or scope.
- Advanced functional knowledge of all Weatherford standard software programs required for the specific technical domains.
- Functional knowledge of all Weatherford standard software programs required for the specific technical domains.