Land Management Officer WS3151
Salary: $80,495.45 - $85,861.30 per annum
Location: Gordonvale Depot, Highleigh Road, Gordonvale
Reference Number: 13718
Close Date: Monday 6 December 2021
- Energetic team environment
- Training opportunities
- Supervisory role
Don't miss your opportunity to snap up a fantastic role working in our Natural Assets Management team in a full time permanent role.
In this role you will enjoy undertaking a diverse range of tasks which will ensure that no two days are ever the same! You will liaise and assist in educating the community in a range of land management related material and running the operations of a land management team.
The role covers pest management, fire management, revegetation and native wildlife activities. You are renowned for your exceptional organisational skills, computer proficiency and close attention to detail.
If you enjoy a real challenge and have an interest in learning about the services and programs our Department provides to the community then this is not a role to be missed.
Primary Objectives of the position:-
- To manage the daily operations of the Natural Assets Management Unit incorporating Natural Assets Regeneration & Pest Management activities.
- To ensure the effective delivery of Council’s regeneration services, Pest Management and Fire programs.
- To provide a high level of professional support to community groups in the delivery of landscape rehabilitation, pest management and environmental activities.
- To provide support, policy, planning and technical advice and documentation to internal and external stakeholders in relation to land management services.
- To assist with the implementation of the overall objectives of the Natural Resource Management Strategy.
To be successful in this role you must have:-
- Qualification in or demonstrated ability to attain a diploma in natural resource management, and/or relevant experience.
- Current Agricultural Chemical Distribution Control Licence or ability to obtain.
- Current Drivers Licence, Class C.
- Proven ability to manage on-ground activities relating to land management.
- Knowledge of legislation and policy relating to natural resource management.
- Ability to identify, prioritise and budget for rehabilitation projects.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office Suite to generate reports and spreadsheets and electronic smart devices such as a phone or tablet in day to day operations.
- Ability to supervise and direct staff in the implementation of land management activities.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:-
- Pre‑employment functional medical assessment, which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- National Police/Criminal History Check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification/Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:-
- Permanent Resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to Work Visa
We off the following benefits:
- Full-time Permanent Position
- 9 Day Fortnight work roster
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 3 weeks sick leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Subsidised Corporate Uniform
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym/swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development relevant to the position