Enrich Your Everyday
At Accolade Wines, our purpose is to enrich everyday moments through our amazing wine brands. It goes without saying that everything we do as an organisation and as individuals is in service of fulfilling this purpose.
As one of the world’s leading wine companies, our award-winning portfolio includes loved brands such as Hardys, Grant Burge, St Hallett, House of Arras, Petaluma, Banrock Station, Mud House, Jam Shed, Tatachilla, Houghton and many more.
The driving force behind our business is our people, their expertise, their passion and their professionalism. With over 1,400 dedicated employees in Australia, the UK, Europe, Asia, South Africa, New Zealand and North and South America, it is our teamwork that sets us apart.
About the Role
Stonier's cellar door is home to a range of premium wines crafted from estate vineyards in the pristine cool-climate maritime region of Mornington Peninsula.
The Cellar Door Manager manages the cellar door and wine clubs to grow sales, build networks and create business opportunities. The role is responsible for implementing the brand strategy and strategic direction for the Stonier Cellar Door and delivering on the strategic goals..
- Demonstrate passion for Stonier, its wines, its region and its people, and act as a Brand Ambassador
- Ensure all staff demonstrate the highest standards of customer service excellence, providing a unique luxury and informative experience to every guest visiting Stonier’s award-winning cellar door
- Execute sales strategies and manage discretionary marketing and pricing to achieve assigned financial targets
- Grow a wine club membership of engaged wine consumers and manage the Stonier Single Vineyard Wine Club, in conjunction with the Digital Marketing team
- Manage budgeted operating expenses, trading costs, samples costs and stock holdings to agreed levels
- Recruit, train and provide ongoing development for cellar door staff, and ensure compliance with employment legislation
- Ensure safe systems of work are developed, documented and followed
- Actively seek out opportunities for the cellar door to participate in community and regional activities and events to drive visitation, and be an active member of local industry groups and community organisations
- Actively develop supplementary sales opportunities in conjunction with other departments as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate presentation of the cellar door and surrounds, in conjunction with the site manager
You have at least two years’ experience managing a cellar door, hospitality venue, restaurant or event facility, including of management of financial performance, people and facilities.
You can demonstrate:
- Confident leadership style and strong people management skills
- Articulate and confident communication style
- Professional approach, demonstrating flexibility and ownership
- Knowledge of the Mornington Peninsula region and its offering to visitors
- Knowledge of Australian fine wine varietals and styles
- Superior customer service and hosting skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationship with a variety of stakeholders, develop and execute luxury customer experiences (desirable), develop and execute marketing campaigns (desirable) and deliver wine education experiences (desirable)
- Intermediate computer literacy (MS Office suite, POS systems, ecommerce platforms)
- Basic financial literacy
- Understanding of employee relations and WHS principles in a cellar door environment
You hold the appropriate Responsible Service of Alcohol accreditiation and a valid driver's licence. Ideally you have qualificaitons in a wine-related or hospitality-related discipline.
About the Offer
This is a full-time, permanent role. Part-time (0.8 FTE) may be considered.
In addition to a competitive salary and performance bonus, we offer a range of benefits including wine allowance, health and wellbeing initiatives, and access to our brand new rewards program.
As the Stonier Cellar Door operates seven day per week, this role involves regular weekend work, as well as occasional evening work.
Sound like your kind of drop? Please apply by Monday 14 June 2021.