Purpose of Role:
Hasbro is a global play and entertainment company committed to making the world a better place for all children, fans and families. Hasbro delivers immersive brand experiences for global audiences through consumer products, including toys and games; entertainment through its independent studio eOne; and gaming, led by the team at Wizards of the Coast, an award-winning developer of tabletop and digital games.
This role plays a key position within our Asian operations and outside the company. He/she will be based in our Hong Kong or Singapore office and work closely with internal global and regional stakeholders on internal and external communications. One of the core tasks will be to closely collaborate with Corporate Communications to develop and implement strategies to advance our corporate reputation in the region, and to work in tandem with Communications and Human Resources on regional employee communications. He/she will also monitor current and emerging regulatory, legislative, and political issues. These contain amongst others toy safety, CSR, sustainability, marketing to children, labor conditions and ethical sourcing. This person will report to the Eur-Asia head of Government Affairs.
Corporate Communication Strategy
- Support the execution of Hasbro’s Communication Strategy and narrative in the Asia region.
- Develop and implements a communications strategy for the corporation that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand.
- Oversee corporate communications and branding in various online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and industry magazines and maintain local internal communications infrastructure and tools, including Local News, and source regional stories for global internal communications initiatives and channels.
- Act as corporate spokesperson and respond to members of the media in a timely manner; compose and distribute press releases as needed.
- Partner with Corporate Communications and Human Resources to drive internal communications related to our company, purpose and brand portfolio to ensure all employees in the region understand our strategy and their role in our success.
- Drive external relationships and corporate reputation for the company. Further develop and advance Hasbro’s corporate reputation among external stakeholders in the region - including media, industry, governments, and stakeholder meetings and events.
- Draft talking points, correspondence, statements, position papers, testimony, and Hasbro presentations for external communications relating to corporate affairs for the region and in close alignment with Global Corporate Communications.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop the corporate mission statement for government affairs in Asia.
- Take the lead in driving Hasbro’s Corporate Affairs practice and the overall strategy in Asia.
- Drive the regional adoption and roll-out of Hasbro’s global Corporate narrative, including researching and advising the company on key stakeholders in the region and current and emerging priorities (including consumers, retailers, policy-makers and regulators, investors, and broader society) with respect to good corporate citizenship.
- Monitor emerging regulations, legislation, political and NGO activity in the region at country level.
- Active representation of Hasbro at the industry association level—including the Asian Toy and Play Association (ATPA) and relevant national toy associations (especially in India) — including helping shape strategy at the industry level that will assist in supporting and defending Hasbro’s business interests.
- Lead relationship with Public Affairs advisors, advise regional and local Management and the regional Government Affairs head accordingly.
- University degree required
- At least 10 years of experience in issues and activities related to corporate affairs in the Asian region; solid corporate experience ideally in US companies
- Senior-level, progressive experience managing a corporate affairs and communications program
- Solid experience in Corporate Communications / PR
- A profound understanding of the global regulatory and government affairs landscape and best practices
- Strong knowledge of the Asian region and its cultural nuances
- Excellent in strategic thinking and able to drive Hasbro's corporate narratives, while having outstanding ability to execute various business priorities
- Strong communication skills, fluent in English and Mandarin is a must
- Strong communicator with excellent written and oral skills in English, including correspondence, public speaking, meeting facilitation, and presentations
- High level of professionalism; excellent reputation for integrity and judgement
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work within a global matrix structure
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with and influencing management
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Willing to travel when required