At Capital, we’re committed to providing you with opportunities to broaden and deepen your knowledge and skills, and to grow personally, professionally and financially. If you’re interested in continuing to Grow with Capital by pursuing a new role, please review the job description below to determine if this opportunity might be right for you.
For additional information about how you can develop your career at Capital, please visit Grow with Capital.
Meeting Planning Specialist
The Meeting Planning Specialist is part of the Meeting and Events Team (METS) and is responsible for full-cycle planning and execution of programs in primarily Asia. Program objectives are aligned with Capital Group’s overall mission, vision and business priorities.
The position involves frequent contact with senior business leaders as well as a variety of people both inside and outside the organization. The associate independently manages a range of tasks and must be able to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Facilitate planning and strategy meetings related to program content development and objective setting
- Oversee sourcing, site selection and research
- Attendee management and communication
- Budget management/payment reconciliation and post-event reporting and analysis
- Special projects and process improvements
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably gained in finance industry; prior experience in Corporate Access or Event Management is ideal
- Willingness to travel 20-30% and attend evening and weekend events
- A creative and innovative thinker with strong problem-solving, consulting and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (Putonghua) is required
- Strong use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, SharePoint and Cvent preferred
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.