Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 245341
As a GLOBAL FE PLANNING SCENARIO ENGINEER, you will be responsible in providing Micron’s Business Planning Support for various capacity options, analyze fab capital expenditure and output scenarios to ensure efficient use of capital expenditure through scenario comparison and optimization. You will be engaged in constant communication with Network Planning Team as well as Market Intelligence, Supply Chain, Finance, Procurement and R&D team for all Business Plans and Scenario Studies. You will also have an opportunity to participate in developing scenarios for future Micron’s expansions or acquisitions.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
FAB Process Knowledge
- Proficient knowledge of wafer process and traveler flows for main products.
- Understands high-level factory limitations.
- Knowledge in benchmarking and capital utilization
Planning systems, applications, computer and Microsoft office skills
- Understands the interaction of planning systems and associated applications used within Micron.
- Understanding of system interaction, adept at extracting data from various systems
- Demonstrates ability to utilize Office to develop executive presentations in effective manner
- Support capacity studies for Special Projects (Site selections for future fab expansions, new emerging product deployments, etc)
- Provide Business Planning case for various Capacity Options.
- Analyze Fab Capital Expenditure and Output Scenarios for Business Plan.
- Fab Mix optimization for various Capacity and Capital Expenditure Scenarios.
- Efficient management of Capital Expenditure scenarios and cash flows through scenarios comparison and optimization.
- Ability to provide and evaluate modeling options that enable lowest cost of operation.
- Partner with Finance team to complete a thorough financial analysis through various scenarios (Manufacturing Cost, ROI/payback, Net Present Value NPV, Profit/Loss (P/L) analysis)
- Ability to provide and evaluate Scenario options to improve financial analysis
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Production Operations Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Process Engineering or combination of education and related industrial engineering work experience is required
- The ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Exceptional customer focus on the operational need of the Fabs. Being able to translate the needs to the Market Intelligence, R&D, Supply Chain, etc.
- Ability to influence decision making in various team meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through multiple levels of management and organizations
- Knowledge and practical application of statistics, data analysis and problem solving
- An understanding of Manufacturing Science (lean manufacturing, factory limitations, capacity planning, etc.).
- The ability to multi-task efficiently
- The willingness to work flexible hours as required
Location: F10N - 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || College || Regular || Manufacturing/Production Operations || #LI-ST1 || Tier 3 ||