Five Rivers Services (FRS), an Akima Company, provides full-spectrum communications, information technology (IT), network operations, video teleconferencing (VTC), audiovisual, multimedia, and command, control, communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) services and solutions to Department of Defense, Federal Government agencies, and the commercial sector. Currently, FRS operates in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Djibouti, and several continental U.S. locations.
Employment is conditional on a post-offer medical examination and CENTCOM determining that they are medically fit for duty for deployment (medical, dental, and psychological evaluation.
Front line customer service desk support, responsible for responding to and resolving computer, printer, and network issues. Customers contact the Service desk in person, by phone, using Remedy or sending emails. This position involves a high degree of quick decision making and detailed task management to ensure all work orders not resolved at the Service Desk are immediately assigned to the appropriate IT groups. Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
Primary support and interface with site Information Management Officers (IMO) to ensure all Service Desk resources are utilized in the most efficient manner. Assists the IMO with daily functions of computer, network and software management for the site and all users.
Provides immediate response to all customers who come to the Service Desk. Person to person interaction involves troubleshooting, information exchange and help with ticket submission and issues. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Provides telephone customer support for incoming and follow up calls used for initial troubleshooting.
May be required to work for 12 hour shifts utilizing Remedy call management software and other tools, to log and manage trouble tickets. Must have the technical ability to accurately determine call routing for trouble tickets that cannot be resolved immediately at the Service Desk.
Troubleshoots Microsoft OS issues on Army Gold Master/Universal Gold Master along with setup and Microsoft Office 2007. Troubleshoots all other site authorized software with IMOs and users.
Creates logon and email accounts using Microsoft Exchange Server and User Manager. Manages Network Services with Server Manager, Print Queue Management and CISCO VMPS Administration.
- Works within a small continuous improvement focused team. Tracks and documents work performed to allow accurate reporting of all Service Desk activities. Completes all tasks and assignments as requested by Supervisors and Management.
Performs other duties and assignments as required.
In accordance with President Biden's Executive Order 14042, you must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements to infectious diseases such as COVID-19. The Executive Order generally requires that all federal workers and federal contractor employees be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021.
High school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in a Service Desk Environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills are mandatory.
- Must have an active Secret clearance (or Interim Secret with ability to obtain and maintain a Secret), US citizenship is required.
- Pre-requisites for State side applicants – copy of valid passport, copy of valid international driver’s permit, copy of valid US driver’s license, copy of COVID vaccination card, police clearance check and medical qualifications.
- Pre-requisites for in country applicants - copy of valid passport, copy of valid international driver’s permit, copy of valid US driver’s license, copy of COVID vaccination card, medical qualifications, self-identify current visa sponsor & employer, and a copy of Civil ID.
- MUST be able to provide copies of Active Certifications (2 levels as outlined below) and there transcripts.
- This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M.
- All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification. The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows:
IAT Level I Baseline:
- A+ ce, Network+ ce, SSCP.
- Please note Level II and Level III baseline are not required but are acceptable.
- MCSA: Windows 10, MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
- MCSE: Enterprise Devices and Apps, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE: Server Infrastructure.
- Microsoft Exam 70-398 – Planning for and Managing Devices in the Enterprise.
- Microsoft Exam 70-697 – Configuring Windows Devices.
- Microsoft Exam 70-698 – Installing and Configuring Windows 10.
- Server +.
Material and Equipment Used:
Desktop computer, printer/copier, digital sender, telephones, Remedy 7.6, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Print Queue Management, Army Gold Master/Universal Gold Master, Microsoft Office with a focus on Outlook 2007, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Working Environment and Physical Activities:
Working environment will be in an open office area. Individual must be able to lift up to 20 lbs unassisted. Work environment will be very hot due to climatic conditions within the region. Personnel will also be required to sit and talk on the phone for long periods of time.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Primary Location: Kuwait
Organization: Five Rivers Services, LLC
Job: Information Technology
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: Ongoing