Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 265061
As a Firmware Manager for the SSD Engineering group at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for the strategic direction and management of firmware development on NAND storage products. You will lead a local (or multi-site) team to meet scheduled deadlines in a dynamic, multiple project based environment. You will also provide your team with the necessary tools and technical knowledge to allow them to work efficiently using the development processes, tools, and development techniques required in a multi-product, platform codebase. This position includes responsibility for the management of your team through performance development and creating an environment of continuous improvement. As part of this role, you may be required to act as a Firmware (FW) Project Manager, leading and tracking the FW portion of a product (or project) development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the performance and development of team members
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize issues and projects
- Identify strengths and craft individual development plans according to evaluated need
- Allocate resources to meet timelines and deliverables within the group
- Establish goals and conduct performance appraisals; inspire change and growth
- Coach and provide career development
- Ensure that deadlines and milestones dates are met
- Identify headcount needs and make hiring decisions
- Guide FW engineers in their professional technical development
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes and tool support
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Understanding of state of the art FW development and test processes
- Deep understanding of SSD product features across various domains such as Front-End, FTL, NAND Media, Security and Common Services
- Ability to build positive relationships and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to craft a comprehensive project plan, track it, and deliver to the plan
- Minimum 5 years SSD FW development experience including leading project teams of at least 5 people
- Involvement bringing one or more products to market through volume manufacturing and maintenance
- Experience with complex codebases
- Background working across teams, other disciplines, and departments
- Firmware Management experience
- Experience with solid state memory development and NAND understanding strongly preferred
- Experience with platform codebases supporting multiple products at a time
- Strong coding experience
- Architecture and hardware background
- Experience defining detailed product requirements
- Background in multiple engineering disciplines such as ASIC development, product integration, test, manufacturing process
- Minimum a BSEE, BSCE, BSSE or equivalent required
Hiring Manager: Elmer Paule Dela Cruz
Closing Date: Until Hire
Site: 990 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339942
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || SSD Engineering || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-KL1 || Tier 4 ||