About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated project in Jordan that will accelerate progress toward equitable access and delivery of high quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) services throughout the continuum of care. The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for technical design, introduction, and implementation of innovative approaches to strengthen public and private sector capacity to improve quality of RMNCH services in Jordan. This position reports to the Chief of Party and will serve as a member of the senior management team. The position will be based in Amman. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Deputy Chief of Party will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of innovative strategies to improve quality of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) services.
- Facilitates identification and implementation of RMNCH strengthening interventions including leadership and management capacity building, policy development, and enhanced application of quality assurance standards.
- Supervise and coordinate the technical team, overseeing technical and programmatic aspects of the project, including planning and implementation of the project; ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Collaborate with the M&E, program and grants, and finance and operations teams to ensure that the project’s technical approaches and methodologies are informed by, and contribute to, other programmatic, M&E, financial and operational considerations.
- Collaborate with the COP to maintain client satisfaction and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Master's Degree or higher in medicine, public health, health management, social science, or a related field required.
- 10+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing large, complex health service delivery projects involving multiple partners in or for developing countries; preferred experience with USAID-funded projects.
- At minimum, must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables,
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, with accompanying depth and breadth of technical and management expertise in RMNCH, health systems strengthening, and quality improvement programming
- Prior work in Jordan or in the Middle East region is preferred; Jordanian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English; Arabic language fluency highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.