Element has an opportunity for a Machinist to join our rapidly expanding team. As a member of the operations team, the Machining position performs a variety of routine and non-routine machining assignments within the department assigned and insures timely and accurate test results under direct supervision. The technician positions must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to compliance to established safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
This position will be based in Doha , Qatar
- Uses cutting equipment to prepare specimens for testing as dictated in customer specifications
- Designs, sets-up and performs a variety of machining tasks according to customer specifications and requirements
- Requires little supervision and technical input of a Department Manager, Principal Machinist, Project Coordinator or Engineer
- Possesses the ability to mentor and train machinists who have less experience through effective communication of machining process and technical data
- Ability to transfer technical knowledge of machining procedures/requirements and successfully satisfy and meet customer expectations
- Maintains equipment and schedules preventative maintenance
- Gathers and records dimensions in accordance with quality assurance requirements
- Working knowledge of laboratory safety
- Must have earned Associate degree in related testing or science field and/or possess 3-6 years of experience in a machining shop environment
- In-depth understanding of specimen preparation
- May have earned Associate degree mechanical related field
- Depth of understanding related to machining concepts, measuring instruments and dimensional concepts
- Working knowledge of machine shop safety protocol
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry a plus
- Frequency of required physical force: Moderate
- Lifting requirements: lifting <50 lbs. often and > 50 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.