Global Asset Management Operations is made up of approximately 420 people across 9 locations and is responsible for the operational processing of funds managed by Fidelity. Vendor Relationship Management is one of the functions within Global Asset Management Operations. The function in Asia reports into Head of Asset Management Operations, APAC. These relationships include but not limited to global custodian banks, outsourced service partners, and various other operational suppliers. The team is responsible for monitoring risk, ensure oversight is in placed to reflect contracted services are being delivered per agreement. By embedding set of control activities into the overall risk governance and oversight framework as per Fidelity Supplier Risk Oversight policy, the team continuously seek enhancements to service receive from our external business partners; pursue a strategic, cost effective and scalable operating model to support Fidelity to attain their business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate closely with Business Units, liaise with Operational Risk, Procurement category leaders, and other risk partners across Fidelity to establish broad internal stakeholder relationships to ensure robustness of the Supplier Risk Governance Framework.
- Aligned governance and oversight control activities across key strategic relationships in the Asia region.
- Manage and maintain regional governance model in accordance to Fidelity global standard practice and take into account regulatory requirement based on each jurisdiction.
- Support Business Initiatives and Change Request to support strategic business growth opportunities.
- Support business develops ongoing oversight of strategic business relationships under regional governance framework.
- Establish and maintain an effective operating model and a standardized process on governance framework in the region.
- Review periodic service level standards, agree service level standards and monitor adherence on an on-going basis.
- Analyse costs and contract renewals and scope for fee reduction opportunities.
- Oversee and monitor regular due diligence review and co-ordinate with internal and external parties to complete assessment.
- Coordination of Business Continuity planning, exit strategies and external security reviews.
- Point of escalation for service related matters. Liaise between various parties and bring resolution to all types of issues/disputes. Develop and follow up on service improvement action plans where applicable.
- Assist business stakeholders to understand and capture risk associated to working with suppliers and vendors, mitigated through appropriate controls where possible.
- Produce quality reporting for stakeholders such as scorecards, relationship summaries and performance updates on the status of suppliers.
- Ensure overall adherence to FIL Procurement policy.
- Identify and promote streamlining of operational processes between Asset Management Operations, external business partners, and clients to improve efficiency and lower operational risk to Fidelity.
- Perform RCSA risk review and support compliance regulatory inspection requirements.
- Take ownership on regional Asset Management Operations initiatives, complete long-range projects, improve work flows and processes, lower error rates, increase client satisfaction.
- Attend industry events staying current with developments in the business.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Graduate with 5 years+ of relevant experience in Finance, Accounting or Investment Operations. Preference given to those with work related to relationship and contract management or oversight of supplier management activities within financial services industry.
- Self starter/motivator-Dynamic "can do" approach with a strong desire to make things happen.
- Solid business communication skills, verbal and written fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) required. A 3rd language in either Japanese and/or Korean is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both inside and outside the organisation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and with strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines-must be able to handle, coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, issues and problem ensuring resolution.
- Strong team player, who can gain the trust, respect and support of colleagues and from key internal stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management skills and willing to take ownership for delivery; with strong desire and satisfaction for completing and finishing tasks.
- High degree of responsiveness with quick turnaround, impeccable follow-up and a focus on exceeding expectations.
- Experience with coaching and managing regional team and subordinates.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered as Assistant Manager.