Arion House - Hong Kong
Roles and responsibilities:
- The AMLO has unrestricted access to all information, data, records and systems in the Bank he/she deems necessary to fulfil its function.
- Having a direct reporting line to the MLRO. Ensuring appropriate reporting and escalation of issues and/or incidents to the MLRO and / or Local Head of AFC.
- Advising on and ensuring the implementation of applicable Group AML / CTF Policies and local regulatory requirement to CIB/GM Business.
- Participating in the assessment of the conformity of relevant internal policies and procedures, systems and controls with relevant local regulatory obligations and the Group standards, in order to ensure local AML regulatory requirements are reflected in the local KOPs.
- Monitoring local regulatory AML, CTF and sanctions developments and notifying relevant changes and specifications to the MLRO and/or Local /Regional Head of AFC.
- Performing AML related testing as prescribed in the Global Assurance Policy Framework.
- Investigating Unusual and/or Potentially Suspicious and ensuring timely escalation to the MLROs of unusual and/or suspicious transactions or activities for reporting to the competent authorities in compliance with applicable rules
- Assisting the MLRO to maintain procedures and systems, and to prepare appropriate MIS to ensure that Unusual and/or Potentially Suspicious Transactions are reported, in compliance with applicable rules.
- Providing regulatory guidance and advice on new or existing clients that are escalated, or decide to escalate further.
- Having oversight on the tracking and following-up on the conditions that have been imposed as part of the
- KYC approval. Obtaining relevant MIS from the business or appropriate parties on status of regular reviews.
- Signing-off in the New Product Approval and Vendor Risk Management process where appropriate and relevant to AML.
- Coordinating responses and input for MI reports requested by Global AFC or the AFC reporting function.
- Conducting the local AML Risk Assessment in the country.
- Discharging the responsibilities of local AML officers as set out under global KYC policies for the division that the AMLO is responsible for.
- Delivering local AML training when specific needs are identified in order to maintain staff awareness culture.
- Ensuring that local record keeping processes are in alignment with the AML related legislative, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Ensuring on annual basis that Employee Reliability Requirements are met if there is any local deviation.
- Contributing to AML Function as a whole by sharing knowledge and best practices with AFC/AML
- Officers of the other Businesses and entities by involving in regional calls or other forum.
Skills and qualification:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in AML Advisory Compliance in Corporate and investment banking or Global Markets.
- Knowledge of trade finance product or experience in trade based money laundering advisory is an advantage.