- Join our expanding Communication, Advocacy and Engagement Team as our Advocacy Lead.
The team is responsible for all Council’s public relations, marketing, communications and promotional activities as well as leading Council's advocacy agenda and delivering best practice community engagement.
Bring your highly developed knowledge of advocacy, government relations and community planning and help lead Council’s advocacy strategy and campaigns.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain Council’s Advocacy Framework and Strategy
- Identify, develop and execute successful campaigns and activities
- Provide strategic advice, research and reporting on Council’s advocacy efforts and impact
- Build collaborative relationships
- Tertiary qualification in advocacy, community planning, community development
- Experience in successfully applying theory and practice of advocacy in a multi-faceted organisational
- Outstanding research and communications skills
- Ability to prepare written material to support advocacy strategy and implementation
- Outstanding track record in developing sucessful advocacy plans/campaigns
- Experience in managing relationships with internal and external staff
- Salary range $96,444.00 to $107,598.00 plus super
- Permanent full time - 38 hours per week plus a monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including & health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work arrangements
Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
Evidence of COVID Vaccination will be required.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Shawn Neilsen Tel: 0412616229 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 5 December 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.