Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 256062
This a challenging role in a fast paced, multinational environment. We are seeking a leader with a broad range of finance experience who can grow and develop corporate and international finance functions at Micron in Penang.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Accounting, the main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Oversee the transition of accounting roles mainly on Accounts Payable and/or Fixed Asset filled in Penang and integrate into the team structure
- Direct the planning, operations and administration of in-scope corporate and international accounting functions into Shared Service environment
- Responsible for the timely and accurate monthly close processes for global entities in accordance with US GAAP while ensuring proper maintenance of statutory financials
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable international and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation and providing recommendations, as appropriate
- Benchmark processes against best in class entities and drive process improvement for Shared Services
- Experience building and expanding a center of excellence is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and local country accounting standards
- Strong team-player with experience working in a dynamic organization and demonstrated ability to build bridges between stakeholders
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Superior analytical skills, understanding of data privacy, deep understanding of business principles and practices
- Ability to build and leverage internal networks
- Ability to manage change sensitively and in a collaborative manner
- Ability to attract, develop and retain outstanding talent
- Proven track record of team development, process efficiency, quality improvement and innovating finance workloads
- Ability to succinctly explain financial matters to non-finance personnel
- Contribute to the global execution of key Global strategic initiatives & projects
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external customers, including coordination of team deliverables for audits
- Needs to be able to think strategically to pre-empt/adapt to a dynamic market
Education & Specific Experience Required:
- Qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- MBA preferred
- >15+ years of experience in finance, accounting and reporting; high-tech industry
- >12+ in leadership capability and/or in matrix organization
- >10+ experience in automation projects, LEAN, or RPA
- >10+ experience in SAP ERP system, including proven ability in automating processes within SAP
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Accounting/Finance || #LI-HN1 || Tier 5 ||