Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 232461
Overview / Responsibilities _ I&C Engineer
Manages Facilities Engineering, Design, and Planning, provide high quality Engineering services and specifications for the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of I&C discipline specific Facilities systems in support of Semiconductor Manufacturing across the Micron Global Manufacturing Network. Plans facilities changes for plant, office, and production equipment layouts, working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs. Inspects construction and installation progress for conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules. Develops criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
Plans facilities changes for plant, office, and production equipment layouts, working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Taking design input from Global Facility Technology Team (GFTT) and Micron MMP Facilities team to ensure capture in design drawing and specification. Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs. Inspects construction and installation progress for conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules. Develops criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes. Coordinating mechanical system installation construction according to design and specification, manage design change due to site constraint, ensuring documentation submission approval such as shop drawing, equipment submittal, construction drawing, T&C method statement & plan, as-built drawing, O&M manual, cleanroom certification, sensor certificate in-place, warranty tracking etc.
Design and Plan System and Buildings
- Collaborate with core team and site IT, EHS, Facility OPS team to develop semiconductor Facility control system designs, from basis of design to issue for constructions for project buildouts and major infrastructure upgrades.
- Integrate and design SCADA, network infrastructure systems ranging from Electrical, Mechanical, Water, Gas and Chemical system.
- Review documents of P&ID and SOO with related owners of Electrical, Mechanical, Water, Gas and Chemical system to ensure system safety and stability.
- Coordinate with related department owner and consultant for security and parking system design.
- Manage all I&C issues during concept design, detailed design, procurement, bidding, manufacturing, delivery, and installation on site.
- Ensure designs comply with all applicable standards, codes and regulations.
- Benchmark within and external to Micron sites on Engineering and Design Best Known Methods (BKM) of Facilities buildings and systems.
- Develop, own, and maintain Global System Standards, Specifications, and Best Known Methods (BKM) standards for system discipline.
- Review of the capacity planning databases, (with base build capacities, assignments and actual field conditions) across the network and validating Utilization and diversity factor assumptions.
- Provide system design for safe, reliable and efficient operations and maintenance; Provide and prepare all types of documents including: statement of work (SOW), total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis, concept designs, drawing markup, budget, schedule, factory test and acceptance documents, final startup/commissioning reports and review and acceptance of as-builts and submittals.
- Implementation of Power SCADA and FMCS requirements in the installation and test plans of the Contractor for the detailed planning and construction phase until final takeover is completed.
- Ensure project construction & safety management plan are fully implemented.
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Control (QAQC) of project deliverables, execute construction completed works is in proper condition and meet the requirement of specifications & function.
- Perform systems Test & Commissioning in accordance with requirement of Construction document and guarding the Owner against defects and deficiencies in the works.
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Suitable candidates are likely to have a minimum of 10-8 years working experience consist of 5 years’ experience in I&C installation field.
- Demonstrable experience in the managing of multi-disciplined semiconductor projects and/or other relevant industries is strongly preferred.
- Practiced in project control mechanisms and with commercial and technical risk assessments
- Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to visualize issues and communicate them to others.
- Outstanding organization and coordinating skills – ability to coordinate and motivate groups of Consultants / Contractors.
Ability to work collaboratively and pro-actively in a team environment
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Facilities/Site Services || #LI-JT2 || Tier 4 ||