Requisition ID: 32981
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Control, Automation & Electrical Group is a Hatch global practice providing engineering design expertise to Hatch's metals and minerals, infrastructure and energy business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, sustaining capital works and project management.
The Hatch Adelaide office is currently seeking applications from Electrical Project Engineer or Instrumentation & Control Engineer to assist with an increasing workload within South Australia, that includes supporting key clients on challenging and innovative Projects.
You will have broad responsibilities including: establishing system requirements, developing functional requirements, defining design criteria, preparing engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports. You will also provide input into capital estimates and project schedules. Other duties will include: providing key discipline input to multi-discipline project teams, participating in formal engineering review processes, and provision of on-site construction and commissioning technical support.
We are ideally looking for individuals who possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A degree in engineering, with demonstrated experience and ability to attain CPEng status
- Excellent attitude towards safety and a demonstrated ability to comply with the safety requirements
- Broad experience in the design, specification and installation of electrical equipment, including a strong understanding of plant instrumentation and control systems.
- Demonstrated design and engineering experience in a mining, metals, minerals processing or similar heavy industry environment
- Experience in the investigation, planning and supervision of construction works and/or maintenance activities in operational facilities
- Have current knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and study criteria pertinent to electrical engineering ensuring compliance of design work with all relevant engineering standards and internal procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients on a technical and interpersonal level
This is an opportunity to join a professional, progressive company and become part of an inclusive, supportive team. You will be able to network and share with colleagues locally, regionally and globally to achieve career success.
An employee owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognised and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs.
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa).
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.