About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an anticipated project in Jordan that will accelerate progress toward equitable access and delivery of high quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) services throughout the continuum of care. The MEL Specialist will provide strategic leadership over the design and implementation of MEL activities across the project including development of systems to collect and utilize data for improved program performance and learning. The position will be based in Amman. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The MEL Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead design and oversight to the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project;
- Develop the project’s MEL plan including the project’s theory of change, approach to monitoring and learning, and target outcomes;
- Develop systems, strategies and tools for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Contribute to project deliverables, including annual workplans, and quarterly and annual reporting;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and lead design of M&E system strengthening actions; and
- Oversee publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, government counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- A Master’s degree in epidemiology, statistics, research methods, or related field
- At least 5-8 years of working in health or development projects on monitoring, evaluation and research methods with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively and adjust indicator selection and targets as part of adaptive programming.
- Prior work in Jordan or in the Middle East region is preferred; Jordanian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English; Arabic language fluency highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.