Req. ID: 232286
As Project Cost Engineer at Micron Malaysia, your focus will be leading various projects related to cost for the site or operations team. There will be some minor government affairs initiatives related to programs by partnering with Site supporting groups and operations. The primary responsibilities include but is not limited to:
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Project & Cost
- Manage cost programs to meet site cost targets, and ultimately cost IPP.
- Define alignment of cost programs to Back-End or Site strategic cost objectives.
- Identify opportunities in cost savings and actively drives initiatives to successful completion.
- Develop and manage program/project definition, sponsor and stakeholder expectations and requirements.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentation supporting the cost program.
- Motivate stakeholders, sponsors, project owners, and project team members to take ownership of projects and their successes.
- Facilitate programs to sustaining mode or closeout programs. Develop and manage program definition, sponsor and stakeholder expectations and requirements
- Manage changes in program scope. Identify potential crises, and develop and execute resolution plans
- Assist project owners in resolving issues that potentially gate the progress of their projects.
- Designs cost rewards and recognition to promote cost programs and to motivate the efforts of team members.
- Conduct monthly analysis of site cost performance, and deep dive to understand the issues and actions required to improve site cost performance.
- Partners with site Finance to understand cost allocation methodology and its impact on site cost performance.
- Work closely with project owners to ensure timely update of savings and rolling-up savings to the Back-End Cost.
- Work with the Back-End Cost team and site cost managers to identify BKMs that can apply to the Site.
- Lead or facilitate site-wide projects.
- Help overall PMO in terms of site deliverable and Site activity.
- Identify opportunities to improve and sustain business processes and practices that will allow Micron to be more effective
- Understand and use the best media (e-mail, SharePoint, Global Workforce Platform (GWP), PowerPoint, etc.) and techniques for transferring ideas, information, and updates to a particular audience.
- Support and help establish the Project Management Office (PMO) processes and ensure deliverable under PMO will be executed on time and align with the Site objectives/deliverable.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCY:
- Master's/Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- 5 years of experience in engineering processes and systems, or operations, project management and project costing. Candidate with experience in public relations and program management will be an advantage.
- Honesty & integrity with a high standard of ethics is critical;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Have robust crisis/emergency handling and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and experience;
- Have strong social and interpersonal skills for networking & building relationships with outside stakeholders;
- Able to collaborate effectively and drive results across multi-functional groups;
- Demonstrate initiative, attention to detail and the ability to operate independently;
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing operations is preferred;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong leadership qualities
- Ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities in a fast, dynamic environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Manufacturing/Production Operations || #LI-IC1; #LI-MP3 || Tier 3 ||