Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose -- improving lives through your life’s work.
Manufacturing Engineering Department seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II to perform all manufacturing engineering duties to support new plant start up and sustaining engineering of Coronary Heart Valve products. The ideal candidate must possess effective verbal, written presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate ability to generate manufacturing documentations, specifications and technical reports in a concise manner, hands on and action oriented engineer with strong analytical, critical thinking skills and able to work well under general directions with minimum supervision. The candidate should be data driven, goal oriented and willing to learn and development new skills, able to work in a fast paced, time sensitive, multi-project and results driven environment with multi-disciplinary team interface. The ideal candidate must be able to plan and organize non-routine task.
- To identify, order and commission the key process equipment to CGMP in the Operations Engineering Cycle to meet key business objectives
- Engineering process owner for the area
- Develop and modify manufacturing documentation and procedures to support commercial products as well as the introduction of new products to the production floor (assembly procedures, BOMs, etc.)
- Ensure that new products introduced to the production floor meet business, quality, output and cost goals and objectives
- Develop and modify various manufacturing processes to improve product and process quality and output
- Ensure product/process requirements are met for component, assembly, tooling and supplier specifications
- Perform product/process/vendor qualification activities as required
- Support material discrepancy review and disposition activities (MRB) for existing commercial products
- Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company
- Eliminate/reduce product/process defects and improve yields. Strong problem solver for technical problems in the area, solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Support all quality and corrective/preventive actions initiatives (NCEP, CAPA) to achieve quality goals
- Capable of training cross functional team members including, engineers, technicians and product builders
- Knowledge of project management
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers
- Ability to develop expert knowledge on BSC systems.
- Willing to travel internationally as part of project team.
- Not applicable.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
- Knowledge: A developing professional. Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General understanding of business unit/group function. Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action. Has knowledge of alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the business or technological environment.
- Planning and Organization: Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making: Works under general direction regarding the progress of projects and special assignments. May seek guidance in resolving problems, interpretating established policies, procedures and practices. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment.
- Business Relationships and Project Management: Cultivates a wide range of internal business relationships and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May lead a project team of small to moderate scope. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Impact: Contributes to the completion of departmental projects and goals. Errors in judgment, poor recommendations, or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Liaison: Engages with internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects. Uses diplomacy and tact in interactions and problem solving.
- Mentoring: Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.