IAP- Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East. Learn more at www.iapws.com.
Repairs and overhauls automobiles, trucks, ATVS and heavy equipment, specializing in late-model European, Diesel Japanese, and American vehicles and Diesel light and heavy equipment, aircraft loading and handling equipment with at least three years of hands-on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans work procedures.
2. Raises vehicles with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle.
3. Removes units such as engine, transmission, or differentials.
4. Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear.
5. Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
6. Diagnoses/troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems.
7. Rewires ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
8. Must have extensive electronic diagnostic skills/experience.
9. Must know how to operate/interpret scan tools.
10. Must have air conditioning experience with EPA 609 license.
11. Must be a self-starter, and willing to work in an austere climate, not all work is done in a shop environment.
12. Other duties may be assigned.
Full Knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
MIN EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent
5 to 7 years of related experience
You must have current ASE certifications
Consideration will be given to relevant professional experience commensurate with assignment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.