Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Asia-Malaysia-Petaling Jaya
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 04/Jun/2021, 4:01:41 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Source for prospective clients (Personal, Priority and Business Banking) for mortgage loans through alliance tie-ups such as real estate agents, mortgage brokers, developers & lawyers.
- Understand client needs for mortgage financing, structure proposed solution and close the sale further to credit approval.
- Understand and uncover client’s other financial needs and refer relevant retail and wealth products
- Working alongside EB and segment team to include Mortgage offers as part of corporates offers as part of cross-sales activities.
Processes and Activities
- Ensure adherence to concerned policies including on call reports, appointments with customers and pipeline management to ensure timely completion of end to end mortgage process.
- Conduct regular scheduled visits and develop constant engagement with all dealers, developers and mortgage brokers aligned to country engagement model and strategy.
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Client Acquisition, Country Relationship Business Banking and Employee Banking teams
- Ensure that prospects and existing customers are clearly communicated about the bank charges/terms and conditions.
- Ensure “Customer Due Diligence” requirements as prescribed by the bank are duly adhered to. All the legal and compliance guidelines provided by the bank are adhered to.
- Data confidentiality and secrecy norms of the bank are fully adhered to.
- Ensure that all applications (Account opening forms or loan application form) are being cross-checked prior to submission.
- Ensure that the sales process prescribed by the bank is fully adhered to.
- Ensure full awareness of all policies related to Mis-selling etc. & comply the same.
- Maintain complete and detailed knowledge of all the assigned products.
- Maintain accurate and up to date activity records.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Min Diploma in any field
- Min 2 years working experience in this Banking or Financial Services industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Good command in English is needed.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.