Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose -- improving lives through your life’s work.
Manufacturing Engineering Department seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to perform all manufacturing engineering duties to support new plant start up and sustaining engineering of Coronary Heart Valve products. The ideal candidate must possess effective verbal, written presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate ability to generate manufacturing documentations, specifications and technical reports in a concise manner, hands on and action oriented engineer with strong analytical, critical thinking skills and able to work well under general directions with minimum supervision. The candidate should be data driven, goal oriented and willing to learn and development new skills, able to work in a fast paced, time sensitive, multi-project and results driven environment with multi-disciplinary team interface. The ideal candidate must be able to plan and organize non-routine task. Ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of technical reports within the business. Provide a structured framework for training of technical reports. Build collaborative relationships through strong teamwork across the organization.
- To identify, order and commission the key process equipment to CGMP in the Operations Engineering Cycle to meet key business objectives
- Engineering process owner for the area.
- Develop and modify manufacturing documentation and procedures to support commercial products as well as the introduction of new products to the production floor (assembly procedures, BOMs, etc.)
- Ensure that new products introduced to the production floor meet business, quality, output and cost goals and objectives
- Develop and modify various manufacturing processes to improve product and process quality and output
- Ensure product/process requirements are met for component, assembly, tooling and supplier specifications
- Perform product/process/vendor qualification activities as required
- Support material discrepancy review and disposition activities (MRB) for existing commercial products
- Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company
- Eliminate/reduce product/process defects and improve yields. Strong problem solver for technical problems in the area, solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality
- Support all quality and corrective/preventive actions initiatives (NCEP, CAPA) to achieve quality goals
- Maintain a valid capacity model in co-operation with the line Supervisor and conduct adequate advance planning for required capital
- Capable of training cross functional team members including, engineers, technicians and product builders
- Knowledge of project management.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers.
- Ability to develop expert knowledge on BSC systems.
- Willing to travel internationally as part of project team.
- Not applicable
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
Knowledge : A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
Problem Solving :Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
Planning and Organization : Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making : Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Business Relationships and Project Management : Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. May interact with vendors. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
Impact : Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Liaison : Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. May escalate serious issues to manager.
Mentoring: Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.