Teacher – Maida Vale
Goodstart Early Learning is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Teacher to develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard. You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth.
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Maida Vale is a purpose built, 72 place centre located at the foot of the Kalamunda Hill, close to local schools, shops and community facilities. Inside, all of the rooms are set up in line with an Early Years Learning Framework, with sensory and play based learning opportunities. Colourful, stimulating surrounds ensure the children have the chance to grow and develop through sensory, play-based learning; and we are focused on ensuring the children are ready to take that all important step up to school.
To be successful you will:
- hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- hold a current TRBWA Registration
- hold a current First Aid qualification
- be available to work in a full time, permanent position commencing immediately
- work in the Toddler room, planning and assisting with an innovative and engaging learning experience for both indoor and outside programs
- able to work a rotating shift
- champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Access to a professional peer teacher mentor
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist you in providing high quality educational programs.
- Competitive above award wages
- Quality teaching and Educational resources
- Professional development and networking
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Uniform allowance
If you have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification and experience in a similar role, then we want to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’
For further information please contact Rachel Stevenson on 08 9352 1312
Posting Notes: MAIDA VALE, PERTH || WA || Australia (AU) || WA - Region 50 || || Bachelor (ECT) 4yr || Full-Time