Req. ID: 212721
As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying critical site quality focus areas, initiating and leading Quality Projects that improve the Incoming operations. You will track metrics, analyze data and evaluate/propose solutions to address problems and improve performance. You will also support other site quality improvement teams to conduct process gap analysis, implement corrective/preventive action and maintain compliance to Quality Standards.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintains statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multistream processes.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining american society of quality control certified quality engineer qualification.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- At least 5 years prior experience in each of the following: Engineering, Semiconductor industry
- Minimum degree or master in Engineering or relevant field
- Excellent skills for leading or facilitating multi-organizational teams to success on complex multidimensional projects
- Excellent communication skills in order to build teams comprised of key skills, to drive progress to plan and to get management support and buy-in on projects
- Ability to drive problem resolution to root cause
- Working knowledge of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, and 8D problem solving
Working knowledge on other quality and statistical methods and tools will be advantageous
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Quality || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-JT2 || Tier 3 ||