UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Program Coordinator for the Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Scholars Program (SMSP) and the NYUAD Summer Academy.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager of Programming and Strategy, the SMSP/SA program coordinator will be responsible for the design and the facilitation of design of the SMSP and Summer Academy yearbooks, design and facilitate the editing of promotional materials, and provide logistical support for departmental activities, including coordination of on-campus events and booking flight for Abu Dhabi based faculty/staff. They will also be required to support the recruitment processes for the programs, collect applications, and travel with the students at least once a year, as a chaperone or administrative support.
- Design and/or facilitate the design of the SMSP and Summer Academy yearbooks, including collecting and editing all content for the yearbooks, within firm deadlines. This also includes obtaining text from various sources, editing text as necessary, selecting appropriate photographs/graphics, and obtaining approval from supervisors and Program leadership
- Design and/or facilitate the editing of promotional materials, including program brochures, event flyers for all department activities, and website updates. This also includes obtaining text from various sources, editing text as necessary, selecting appropriate photographs, and obtaining approval from supervisors and Program leadership
- Provide logistical support for departmental activities. Such support includes coordination of on-campus events, arranging transportation and housing accommodations for students and faculty/staff, communicating with external vendors, booking classrooms, booking flights for Abu Dhabi based faculty/staff and students, and facilitating the efficient delivery of programs and services
- Support the recruitment process for the SMSP and Summer Academy by arranging transportation for the sessions, and attending recruitment sessions across the UAE to engage with potential candidates
- Assist in application collection for the SMSP, Summer Academy, and Young Filmmakers Workshop, which includes ensuring complete applications and accurate information are collected from students/schools/universities.
- Required international travel with SMSP and/or SA students at least once a year, serving as a chaperone and/or administrative support (dependent on travel restrictions)
- Other duties as requested by the Executive and Senior Directors
- Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership/Academic Development Program experience akin to Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Scholars Program and/or programs developing similar skills
- Professional working experience – as a minimum an internship or part-time employment
- Experience using Adobe design software such as InDesign and Photoshop – candidates cannot be considered without this experience
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Exposure to the Gulf Region and/or students of that Region
- Excellent time-management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines, organized work habits, consistent accuracy, and attentiveness to detail.
- Excellent editing, attention to detail and accuracy in English and Arabic
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a time sensitive, demanding environment
- Professional maturity and judgment consistent with leadership-support responsibilities, including exceptional discretion, confident communications skills, and a capacity for resourceful initiative in a team context
- Expertise with word processing, spreadsheet, database software, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office Suite
- Internship, part-time, and/or chaperoning experience (international travel) with a Higher Education Institute in the United Arab Emirates
- Project management experience
- Experience designing sophisticated marketing or promotional materials using graphic design tools
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.