Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our dedication to people, innovation, tenacity, partnership, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and collaboration while supporting our global community.
In this role as a Financial Analyst at Micron Memory Malaysia Sdn Bhd, you will be responsible for understanding the Micron Manufacturing Process and product level attribution, and valuation of product costs through the supply chain network. As a key part of Standard Costing, this role ensures the timely setting of Standards across raw materials, work in process, and finished goods. The role will need to partner closely with the Global Cost Consolidations Team based in the US, the Asia based site manufacturing finance teams, and site operations. Additional responsibilities include supporting the management of product costing models and cost forecast models for site operations projections and analysis.
Responsibilities and tasks:
Measure Business Results and Prepare Forecasts for the Business Plan and Investment
- Build and maintain effective relationships to collaborate with site operation partners and global Finance Teams
- Develop subject matter expertise of Micron Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and product flow
- Own business process of ensuring Standard Costs are maintained timely for newly created materials and products
- Develop a strong understanding of Bill of Materials and product Routings to support Standard Cost setting
- Build expertise of product costing systems to collect information to build the standard costs
- Present data summaries and recommendations for improvements
- Mentor team members on systems, processes, and policies
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting (or country equivalent). CPA, ACCA preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong business acumen
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and the ability to work across functional boundaries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Willing to take on new responsibilities and grow with the role.
Impact ECS, SAP ERP, TM1 and/or financial or business process modeling is a plus
As the leader in creative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to use the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and improve communication around the world.