Enrich Your Everyday
At Accolade Wines, our purpose is to enrich everyday moments through our amazing wine brands. It goes without saying that everything we do as an organisation and as individuals is in service of fulfilling this purpose.
As one of the world’s leading wine companies, our award-winning portfolio includes loved brands such as Hardys, Grant Burge, St Hallett, House of Arras, Petaluma, Banrock Station, Mud House, Jam Shed, Tatachilla, Brookland Valley and many more.
The driving force behind our business is our people, their expertise, their passion and their professionalism. With over 1,400 dedicated employees in Australia, the UK, Europe, Asia, South Africa, New Zealand and North and South America, it is our teamwork that sets us apart.
Visitors to Hardys Tintara Cellar Door can enjoy a range of wines that showcase the best McLaren Vale has to offer.
The Cellar Door Manager manages the Hardys Tintara cellar door and wine club to grow sales, build networks and create business opportunities. The role is responsible for implementing the brand strategy and direction for the Hardys Tintara Cellar Door and delivering on the strategic goals.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Demonstrate passion for Hardys, its wines, its region and its people, and act as a Brand Ambassador
- Ensure all staff demonstrate the highest standards of customer service excellence, providing a unique luxury and informative experience to every guest visiting the award-winning Hardys Tintara cellar door
- Execute sales strategies and manage discretionary marketing and pricing to achieve assigned financial targets
- Grow a wine club membership of engaged wine consumers and manage the Thomas Hardy Wine Club, in conjunction with the Digital Marketing team
- Manage budgeted operating expenses, trading costs, samples costs and stock holdings to agreed levels
- Recruit, train and provide ongoing development for cellar door staff, and ensure compliance with employment legislation
- Ensure safe systems of work are developed, documented and followed
Other Accountabilities Include
- Actively develop and manage onsite functions and events to ensure the extensive facilities at Hardys Tintara are well utilised, working with local partners and key stakeholders as appropriate
- Actively seek out opportunities for the cellar door to participate in community and regional activities and events to drive visitation, and be an active member of local industry groups and community organisations
- Actively develop supplementary sales opportunities in conjunction with other departments as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate presentation of the cellar door and surrounds, in conjunction with the site manager
You have at least two years’ experience managing a cellar door, hospitality venue, restaurant or event facility, including management of financial performance, people and facilities.
You can demonstrate:
- Confident leadership style and strong people management skills
- Articulate and confident communication style
- Professional approach, demonstrating flexibility and ownership
- Knowledge of the McLaren Vale region and its offering to visitors
- Knowledge of Australian fine wine varietals and styles
- Superior customer service and hosting skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationship with a variety of stakeholders, develop and execute luxury customer experiences (desirable), develop and execute marketing campaigns (desirable) and deliver wine education experiences (desirable)
- Intermediate computer literacy (MS Office suite, POS systems, ecommerce platforms)
- Basic financial literacy
- Understanding of employee relations and WHS principles in a cellar door environment
You hold the appropriate Responsible Service of Alcohol accreditation and a valid driver's licence. Responsible Person accreditation will be viewed favourably. Ideally you have qualifications in a wine-related or hospitality-related discipline.
About the Offer
This is a full-time, permanent role.
In addition to a competitive salary and performance bonus, we offer a range of benefits including wine allowance, health and wellbeing initiatives, and access to our brand new rewards program.
As the Hardys Tintara Cellar Door operates seven day per week, this role involves regular weekend work, as well as occasional evening work.
Sound like your kind of drop? Please apply by Wednesday 23 June 2021.