Overview of job:
Mindshare’s Future Adaptive Specialist Team (FAST), is looking for a talented Paid Search Manager to join our team of Search experts.
We’re a growing, passionate, fast-paced, high performance specialist team, that takes a very different approach to typical media or search digital agencies. We act as digital media consultants that advise a portfolio of brands across a variety of verticals including automotive, retail, financial services and FMCG.
If you are a passionate, fast-moving individual, who seeks to develop and grow into a search consultant role; someone who’s keen to join a team of thinkers and doers and become a search leader within the wider media community, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
We’re looking for a top tier Paid Search Manager who can inspire and educate clients about the power of search based marketing, with experience across our four key pillars:
- PPC: Strategy and implementation of client campaigns across the following platforms: Google AdWords, DoubleClick, Bing Ads, YouTube Ads, Facebook and Instagram Ads
- SEO: Strategy and technical knowledge of core SEO ranking metrics, on page optimisation, off page optimisation, schema code, website code including HTML.
- Owned digital media: Strategic direction and planning of search hygiene content, UX design and website function, asset and conversion optimisation
- Analytics and research: Is comfortable developing and delivering strategic insights from the following analytical packages e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremetrics etc.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Search
3 best things about the job:
- Be a part of the wider media community which offer: Networking opportunities, publisher events, specialised media awards and much more.
- Extensive career training and development, giving you the knowledge and confidence needed for greatness.
- Play with innovative consumer-first data with a team of experts– use it to lead clients from the traditional way of doing things.
- The perfect role to diversify your search skills- consult around non-SEM areas such as SEO, UX, connections planning and content strategy.
Measures of success –
As a successful Search Manager at Mindshare, you will;
In three months;
- understand the scope of work and effectively manage your Search Executive/Assistant to complete work to the appropriate standard,
- be across Mindshare’s bespoke technology, vision/purpose and be able to articulate services to the agency and clients.
In six months:
- have established consultative relationships with clients and be delivering the results they need,
- be able to spot SEM, SEO or Owned Data opportunities and drive them commercially.
In 12 months:
- delivering on client results and has grown revenue or broadened the scope where possible,
- comfortable in working and managing the team autonomously.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Strategy & Consulting:
- Diagnose a client’s current situation their objectives
- Develop SEM proposals in line with client needs
- Use Mindshare proprietary tools to understand consumer behaviours and then develop strategies and/or opportunities accordingly
- Operations & Delivery:
- Grow strong relationships with all relevant contacts client side including Senior Management
- Work with client teams to ensure that retainer and project based work is implemented efficiently and to the expect standards/deadlines
- Ensure SEM and SEO efficiencies are made by the proper use of tools and integration
- Continuously working with the client and 3rd party teams to develop and implement SEM tactics and content marketing initiatives.
- Allocate clients budgets to maximise the client’s return on investment
- Constant focus and optimisation on improving performance based metrics such as CTR, Avg CPC, CPA, etc.
- Business Growth and Development:
- Be competent in spotting and driving opportunities for existing clients
- Work with Senior Management on new business & award entries
- Manage your team’s revenue and finance process
- Work with Senior Management to address goals and KPIs
- Process & Team Management:
- Be competent at keeping an internal WIP document up to date
- Ensure team members are completing work on time
- Ensure all SEM output is SOX compliant and timesheets are completed accurately
- Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring to Search Executive/Assistant
- Conduct performance reviews with Search Executive/Assistant where relevant in accordance to Mindshare processes and timelines
- Provide timely feedback to ensure all search deliverables are of a high-quality
- Assist in the recruitment of new Search Managers, Executives or Assistants
What you will need:
- Minimum 3 years of SEM experience, ideally with strong elements of project and strategic thinking
- Account and team management experience
- Extensive usage and knowledge of analytical packages e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, AdWords, Double Click, Kenshoo, Marin and Google Search Console
- Strategic knowledge and implementation of SEM tactics
- Consultative skills with a passion of making the complex simple
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong focus on Excel (vlook ups, pivot tables, IF functions)
- A demonstrably high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, with strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to support others in problem solving
- Google Analytics and AdWords Individual Qualifications
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.