Overview of job
If you are an experienced, smart and motivated planner looking to join an environment that encourages a provocative point of view, believes in flexible working and supports your well-being and on-going career development, then look no further. Our agency is well known for its thriving and positive culture.
In this dynamic and strategic role, you work closely with all areas of the business from Strategy, to Specialist Business Units to Investment. Connections Planners are responsible for bringing the strategy to life in media channels whilst maximising the potency of channels across Paid, Owned and Earned for clients. They produce the holistic Connections Architecture and project manage all components of it.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director or Client Leader – Connections Planning
3 best things about the job:
- Ownership/leadership of client campaign planning process across all channels
- Being surrounded by collaborative and inspiring people at all levels across multiple areas of the business
- A supportive agency culture that focuses on your well-being as well as your career development
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Delivered all elements of your customised 90 day plan that was set out for you when you joined
- Been trained on the Connections Planning process and how to produce a Connections Architecture
- Become acquainted with lots of great people across all departments in the agency
In six months, you would have:
- Successfully delivered a Connections Planning workshop for your client
- Developed a trusted advisor relationship with your key clients
- Agreed your personal development plan with your line manager
In 12 months, you would have:
- Produced the best work of your career to date
- Have attended at least two training courses that support your career ambition/development
- Pushed yourself outside of your comfort zone
Responsibilities of the role:
- Day-to-day client service
- Ideation in channel – bringing the strategy to life
- The Connections Audit
- Producing the Connections Architecture across Paid, Owned and Earned media
- Project managing the campaign planning process
- Aligning the right message to channel
- Recommending media specific kery performance indicators
What you will need:
- Six to eight years industry experience, with at least 3 of those in planning
- Strong client service skills/experience
- Strong communication skills
- Stake holder management
- Project management skills/strong organisational skills
- A passion for brands coming to life in media
- An intimate knowledge of media
- Storytelling skills
- The ability to collaborate and work towards a common goal
- To be highly effective at the art of persuasion
Original Thinkers change the world. Mindshare changed the industry when it became the first global media agency, launched in 1997. We took a chance and launched in Asia as opposed to the UK or US; and we were the first start-up WPP ever invested in. Original Thinking is in our DNA
Mindshare has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. We are set up as a connected global network and share learnings across borders. There are many forums to connect with people from around the world as well as training and transfer opportunities to other markets.
We have four company values which are the operating philosophies that guide our conduct internally as well as with our Partners (clients, media and other agencies).
Be team – treat everyone with respect, be willing to help out, be a good collaborator respect the working environment and get involved with the agency outside of your day job.
Be provocative – have an informed POV, challenge the norm in the day-to-day, identify opportunities to do things differently.
Be global – have a global perspective and looks outside of AU for inspiration, effectively use the Mindshare network (seek insights from other markets as well as sharing your work).
Be quick – make decisions that utilise time efficiently, be quick to manage expectations, keep things moving, perform tasks in a timely manner and have the ability to be nimble and adaptive.
Check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MindshareAustraliaVisit our global website: http://mindshareworld.com/
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.