Mindshare FAST – Search (SEO/SEM) Manager
Mindshare’s Future Adaptive Specialist Team (FAST), is looking for a talented Search (SEO + SEM) Manager to join our team of intent-based media experts.
We’re a growing, passionate, fast-paced, high performance specialist team.
If you are a passionate, dynamic individual, who seeks to develop and grow into a search consultant role; someone who’s keen to join a team of thinkers and doers and become a search leader within the wider media community, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
We’re looking for a search talent who can inspire and educate clients about the power of search based marketing, with experience across four key pillars:
- PPC:Strategy and implementation of client campaigns across the following platforms: Google AdWords, DoubleClick, Bing Ads, YouTube Ads, Facebook and Instagram Ads
- SEO:Strategy and technical knowledge of core SEO ranking metrics, on page optimisation, off page optimisation, schema code, website code including HTML.
- Owned digital media:Strategic direction and planning of search hygiene content, UX design and website function, asset and conversion optimisation
- Analytics and research: Is comfortable developing and delivering strategic insights from the following analytical packages e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremetrics etc.
The best things about the job:
- Our client list is enviable – there are great opportunities
- Working collaboratively with smart individuals from different areas of the business to bring award worthy work to life
- Working in a positive, fun and inspiring agency culture where staff wellbeing is a priority
- Working in an agency where your training and development is a focus
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the FAST Search Director (Melbourne)
Measures of Success:
As a successful Search Manager at Mindshare, you will;
In three months;
- Built trusted and influential relationships with the team and clients that you work directly with day-to-day
- Been trained on the Mindshare way of working and market leading tools and technology
- A thorough understanding of the Mindshare specialist business units and forged a collaborative relationship with the relevant team members
In six months:
- Attended and contributed to an ideation session for your client and then worked with media partners to bring the ideas to life
- Have set up a regular coaching and mentoring sessions with your direct reports
- Pushed yourself out of your comfort zone in a way that is inspiring and motivating
- Be able to spot SEM, SEO or Owned Data opportunities and drive them commercially
In 12 months:
- Attended a training course that is aligned to your career ambition and part of your personal development plan
- Contributed to the development of an award worthy campaign
Strategy & Consulting:
- Diagnose a client’s current situation their objectives
- Develop SEM, SEO or Owned Digital Media proposals in line with client needs
- Use Mindshare proprietary tools to understand consumer behaviours and then develop strategies and/or opportunities accordingly
Operations & Delivery:
- Grow strong relationships with all relevant contacts client side including Senior Management
- Work with client teams to ensure that retainer and project based work is implemented efficiently and to the expect standards/deadlines
- Ensure SEM and SEO efficiencies are made by the proper use of tools and integration
- Continuously working with the client and 3rd party teams to develop and implement SEO tactics and content marketing initiatives.
- Allocate clients budgets to maximise the client’s return on investment
- Constant focus and optimisation on improving performance based metrics such as CTR, Avg CPC, CPA, etc.
Business Growth and Development:
- Be competent in spotting and driving opportunities for existing clients
- Work with Senior Management on new business & award entries
- Manage your team’s revenue and finance process
- Work with Senior Management to address goals and KPIs
Process & Team Management:
- Be competent at keeping an internal WIP document up to date
- Ensure team members are completing work on time
- Ensure all SEM and SEO output is SOX compliant and timesheets are completed accurately
- Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring to Search Executive/Assistant
- Conduct performance reviews with Search Executive/Assistant where relevant in accordance to Mindshare processes and timelines
- Provide timely feedback to ensure all search deliverables are of a high-quality
- Assist in the recruitment of new Search Managers, Executives or Assistants
What you need:
- Minimum 3 years of SEM & SEO experience, ideally with strong elements of project, team management and strategic thinking
- Extensive usage and knowledge of analytical packages e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremtrics, etc.
- Strategy and implementation of client campaigns across the following platforms: Google AdWords, DoubleClick, Bing Ads, YouTube Ads, Facebook and Instagram Ads
- Strategic knowledge and implementation of SEO tactics
- Consultative skills with a passion of making the complex simple
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong focus on Excel (vlook ups, pivot tables, IF functions)
- Account and team management experience
- A demonstrably high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, with strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to support others in problem solving
- Google Analytics and AdWords Individual Qualifications
Original Thinkers change the world. Mindshare changed the industry when it became the first global media agency, launched in 1997. We took a chance and launched in Asia as opposed to the UK or US; and we were the first start-up WPP ever invested in. Original Thinking is in our DNA. This mentality means we've always been at the forefront of the media industry. The speed we adapt to new channel opportunities, technology and real-time trading means we consistently deliver our clients an advantage.
Mindshare has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. We are set up as a connected global network and share learnings across borders. There are many forums to connect with people from around the world as well as training and transfer opportunities to other markets.
We have four company values which are the operating philosophies that guide our conduct internally as well as with our Partners (clients, media and other agencies).
Be team – treat everyone with respect, be willing to help out, be a good collaborator respect the working environment and get involved with the agency outside of your day job.
Be provocative – have an informed POV, challenge the norm in the day-to-day, identify opportunities to do things differently.
Be global – have a global perspective and looks outside of AU for inspiration, effectively use the Mindshare network (seek insights from other markets as well as sharing your work).
Be quick – make decisions that utilise time efficiently, be quick to manage expectations, keep things moving, perform tasks in a timely manner and have the ability to be nimble and adaptive.
Check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MindshareAustralia
Visit our global website: http://mindshareworld.com/
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.