OVERVIEW OF JOB
Wavemaker (formerly MEC) is looking for astrong Digital Manager to join our largest brand team in Australia. The successful candidate will work on a wide range of market leading and dynamiccampaigns with a focus on brand performance and results driven work.
As a team they are used to a fast paced working style, while being hugely exciting, you will need to think smart and act fast.
REPORTING OF THE ROLE
This role reports into the Digital Director.
3 BEST THINGS ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Influence the development of digital media strategies for globally recognized brands serving as the key client contact for brand managers
- Develop the skills essential for a digital marketer including exposure to programmatic, social, search and emerging platforms
- Grow and nourish your career by supporting the role out of an industry leading DMP solution
MEASURES OF SUCCESS –
In three months:
· Nailed the client structure & started to immerse yourself in the category
· Started to build relationships with our key client contacts
· Have established a great way of working with the legends in the team at Wavemaker
· Understand the 2018 strategy, strategic pillars and segment across your brands
In six months:
· Established strong and trust based relationship with your clients as a digital expert
· Solid relationship with all the internal teams at Wavemaker and understand who to engage and how to get the best from them to help with a response
· Be able to persuade with influence and story tell to sell through ideas
· Have a number of presentations to your key clients under your belt, leveraging the world class Wavemaker planning process
In 12 months:
· Sold in a growth opportunity (diversified service, innovation, media first)
· Mentored and developed the digital skills and knowledge of junior team members
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
As a Digital Manager you will be a key contact for our clients and will be responsible for developing media recommendations and managing the delivery of all digital campaigns with the support of an Executive and Analyst. This includes the planning, implementation, optimisations and reporting of campaigns across your client portfolio.
You will be responsible for building strong client relationships, taking client briefs and producing high standard, effective/efficient and profitable digital campaigns across our client portfolio. Each and every campaign from your team should follow industry best practice, challenge client thinking and incorporate the latest innovations and opportunities across digital.
As a manager, you will be responsible for managing the development of the digital team to reach the same level of expertise through the campaign experience.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
We are looking for someone who is a passionate self-starter who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. You will need to be resourceful, agile and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic and proficient time management skills are essential.
You will have the ability to turn data and campaign analysis into compelling stories. Previous social, programmatic and search exposure also preferred to weave the digital landscape into each response.
As strong communicator with a professional approach to all people you come in contact with both internally and externally.
Digital is a part of your DNA and you will have an informed point of view on developments and opportunities within the advertising industry. Keeping up to date with industry trends and innovation is a keen interest to you.
You will have strong attention to detail, financial and numerical astuteness as a key part of the job will be working in in data heavy platforms.
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content, and technology agency in the world. Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people globally and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial, and Diverse (PACED).
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.