Do you see yourself as a CCTV Technician?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah sets in 45 acres of private tropical gardens and on a long stretch of pristine sandy beach. The resort enjoys an ideal location for Business, Meetings & Events and leisure Traveler's. Recline on a well-lit beach and by the pool with sumptuous cuisine at the relaxing Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah. Receive a warm welcome from friendly Omani staff as you cross 42 acres of lush, landscaped gardens and enter into the gleaming lobby of Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah. We'll show you to your room or suite, or point you towards our 3 interconnecting pools, tennis and squash courts or par-3 garden golf course.
A courtesy shuttle bus whisks you from Salalah International Airport to Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah in 10 minutes. We combine a resort getaway with easy access to the center of Salalah, just 10 minutes' drive away. Lush hotel gardens lead to the gentle turquoise waters, lapping against beach. Locals are drawn to our night-time attractions, from sumptuous themed buffets on the white sand at Dolphin Beach Restaurant to Arabic singers and disco nights at Al-Luban nightclub. Al-Khareef Pub, with its rich wood and stained glass, is a homely space serving draught beers and nightly live entertainment. Dine al fresco on the Arabic-style terrace of Darbat restaurant or sip cocktails at the Pool Bar.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To operate and monitor all systems within the control room in an efficient manner ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with security operating procedures.
- To liaise with the police, service providers and internal concerned departments to ensure that appropriate use of the system.
- To include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules of evidence.
- To record all events and actions taken in a clear, legible and accurate written occurrence book.
- To provide an efficient and courteous radio and telephone answering service and deal efficiently with all enquiries.
- To report equipment failure to the security supervisor to maximize operation of the system.
- To maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the regulations set up by Royal Oman Police and to ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times.
- To maintain the provision of information required by the Risk Manager & Security Manager and to assist the monitoring of the CCTV system in accordance with Royal Oman Police regulations and the continuity and admissibility of evidential material.
- To support Risk Manager and Security Manager by providing/monitoring of the maintenance agreements to ensure full provision of the system.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in terms of health and safety including appropriate health and safety training.
- Conduct regular checks on all “filed” officers to assure they are alert and carrying out their duties efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in conducting investigations and prepare accompanying investigation reports for cases which occur within the Hotel involving:
- Criminal acts, losses or accidents caused to lives and properties.
- Staff misconduct.
- Cases affecting guests or staff that are of concern to Management.
- Surveillance of hotel staff:
- Ensure that they abide by House Rules.
- Keep tag on movements of staff who are classified as suspects under investigations.
- Keep peace and order within the premises of the Hotel in dealing with criminals, trespassers, or difficult characters.
- Keep the Risk Manager & Security Manager constantly posted on all matters of security interest affecting the Hotel and the Department.
- Conduct regular and periodical checks and take immediate follow up on all systems including CCTV system.
- Attend meetings and in-service training conducted by the Department.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
- Bachelor's degree holder / higher education qualification / equivalent in hotel management or related field
- Three or more years of experience in a hotel setting
- Installation / service of commercial alarm systems.
- Troubleshooting and repair of various systems.
- Able to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Knowledgeable of power tools and most hand tools.
- Familiar with some basic computer programs.
- Good command of English is a must, Arabic is an advantage