Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Staff Wet Etch/Cleans Process Engineer develops and/or delivers new and existing wet etch and cleans process technologies from conceptualization up to full production following SunPower’s robust business development process. This position collaborates with the world’s leading PV R&D organization and advance laboratory facilities (in US and elsewhere) to create the world’s highest efficiency solar cell at competitive cost.
Staff Wet Etch/Cleans Process Engineer directly reports to Research Design and Deployment (RDD) Manager at the local site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Innovates and directly creates new processes leading to cutting-edge PV products
- Develops and deploys new plating and wet etch/clean processes from concepts originating at advanced R&D labs
- Defines equipment requirements and specifications to manufacture and test new processes/products
- Effectively works with SunPower business processes as required, meeting project objectives and timelines
- Interfaces with external vendors/material suppliers, consultants and customers to meet project goals
- Communicates effectively with multiple levels of the organization, including top management
- Provides technical leadership and mentorship to more junior staff
- Complies at all times the Environment, Health and Safety and Manufacturing Quality standards, rules and regulations
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s/College degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (minimum)
- Minimum 4-year experience with Bachelors’ Degree, minimum 2-year experience with Master’s Degree, minimum 1-year experience with Ph.D.
- Experience in plating / wet etching process development
- Experience in deploying processes from lab scale to high volume production set-up
- Skills/ competencies:
- Ability to creatively tackle challenging projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated to learn new things
- Experience in data analysis, usage of statistical methods and design of experiment in R&D or manufacturing environment
Nice-To-Have requirements (an advantage)
- Knowledge of solar cell and technologies (a strong plus)
- Familiarity with manufacturing failure analysis and reliability testing methods
- Working knowledge of PV manufacturing processes and interactions/dependencies (a strong plus)