Overview of job
Mindshare Singapore is looking for a Programmatic Trading Manager to manage campaigns across the region for its biggest client. You will be a highly motivated, eager to learn individual, with hands-on experience in advertising technology platforms, and digital planning and buying. You will also be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of video, display and mobile campaigns, ensuring deliveries are achieved or exceeded.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director, Programmatic
3 best things about the job:
- Young and Dynamic – As part of a young team, you will be directly involved in shaping the future of this business in this fast-changing programmatic industry.
- Great work culture – You will work with a diverse and collaborative group of co-workers passionate about digital media that know how to have fun at the same time.
- Flexibility and Empowerment – We appreciate colleagues who are tinkerers and problem solvers, those who think outside the box and contribute to new ways of working.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Built up a full understanding of the programmatic stack of the client, processes and ways of working
- Managed campaigns end-to-end from brief, plan, setup and providing insights and tactical recommendations
- Developed a deep understanding of campaign goals through rigor in analyzing performance and optimization
- Developed trusted relationships with clients, local markets and technology partners
In six months:
- Be capable of smoothly handling all things in the business from client management, local market communication and coordination
- Have a full understanding of the business needs and goals of client to be able to proactively propose strategies, solutions, and revised processes if need be
- Be capable of resolving various day-to-day issues with vendors, finance, local markets
- Effectively manage Traders/Trading Executives – making sure deliveries are on time, campaigns are on-track, billing is accurate
In 12 months:
- The ability to help drive the programmatic agenda, strategy and roadmap for the markets handled
- Successfully and consistently maintain a portfolio of campaigns that are within pace and target
- Have a thorough understanding of all things Mindshare – all products, services, and be able to integrate out-of-scope offerings into client proposals
Responsibilities of the role:
- Take ownership of local market programmatic pipelines (campaigns briefed, upcoming launches), pilots and tests, quarterly business reviews and special projects
- Ensure your markets are well supported and that they have all they need to be successful and operate smoothly – keep them informed of new vendors, guidelines and collateral resources
- Oversee Traders/Trading Executives and ensure they respond well and on-time, manage issues well and optimize campaigns
- Guide local market planning teams to craft their own programmatic media plans
- Identify solutions to bottlenecks, opportunities for innovative tactics, proactively find ways to make campaign processes and ways-of-working more efficient
- Keep abreast with everything programmatic and be constantly updated on new product developments of DSP partners and other ad technology partners
- Assist on evaluation and testing of new platforms, supply sources and other technology vendors
- Maintain publisher relationships and keep abreast with any new programmatic offerings; maintain PMP strategy and monitor deliveries as well as assist PMP negotiation and testing
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree holder
- 4-5 years of experience in a digital media planning & buying background, with hands-on experience on self-serve biddable media buying platforms, ad servers and other ad tech tools
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable with software and programming / coding jargon (coding skills not required)
- Meticulous and analytical with a keen interest in data / numbers
- Collaborative team player with a consultative approach working with cross-functional and internal teams
- Curious and inquisitive; investigative with the ability to diagnose an issue
- Efficient worker with good time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects while meeting deadlines
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.