HSBC - Dubai
Job title: Financial Accounting Manager - UAE NATIONALS ONLY
Location: Dubai International Financial Centre
HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 67 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
The incumbent will also take on the management of the operational accounting and financial reporting responsibilities for HSBC Middle East Holdings B.V (‘HMEH’), the immediate parent of HBME, following the transfer of these activities from the UK post tax redomiciliation of HMEH from UK to UAE. The incumbent will be the main contact point for GBM accounting and HMEH in H.O. who will be required to manage significant stakeholders’ management.
The jobholder should have a good understanding of IFRS and finance systems to be able to perform various finance activities such as reconciliations, book keeping and financial review and analysis. The jobholder is also required to have a good knowledge of GBM products.
The jobholder will also work closely with ALCM team to carry out operational activities for HMEH e.g. cash management, interest payments, dividend payments etc.
The individual will also support Head Office Operational Accounting and Financial Reporting activities where required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure the financial numbers reported for the entity under responsibility are accurate and in accordance with Group accounting policies and IFRS.
- Dedicated specialist finance support that is able to respond to business/stakeholder needs, who is able to develop, revise, and implement accounting procedures for use at all operating facilities in compliance with accounting standards and group policies.
- To work on executive management reporting needs, and deliver timely, accurate and insightful management reporting/analysis for GBM business.
- Proactively manage the monthly/ quarterly/annual reporting process.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of all financial returns to the Manager / Sr. Manager for review and in turn for submission to the Group / regulator.
- Identify, streamline and implement process efficiencies wherever feasible.
- Liaison point for HMEH and GBM business in Head Office.
- Providing support for other Head Office operational accounting and Financial Reporting activities including the HBME annual and interim report and accounts production process.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to have seamless process around HMEH accounting & reporting and GBM accounting.
- Liaison with external audit processes within the deadline where applicable.
Experience & Qualifications
- The role requires a qualified accountant with an accounting degree from a recognised accounting board.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial role.
- An understanding of IFRS and a reasonably good understanding of the GBM business and products.
- A strong team player who is able to work independently and meet tight deadlines under pressure.
HSBC’s Global Functions (GF) play a vital role in supporting the bank’s Global Businesses and offer a broad range of career opportunities in areas from legal, risk and finance to human resources, sustainability, marketing and communications. Our operational and functional teams around the world help HSBC’s Global Businesses to operate efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis. They also focus on controls and governance to reduce risk and protect the Group’s reputation. For more information visit http://www.hsbc.com/careers/explore-our-business
We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop our talent seriously.
Joining HSBC will give you the chance to work in a collegiate, supportive and inclusive environment in which we seek to develop and promote people based on merit. We will provide you with tailored training and support to help you identify and follow your chosen career path, as well as access to a range of market-competitive benefits.
What to expect at HSBC
• The chance to realise your ambitions
• Globally connected careers
• A strong emphasis on values
• Learning and development opportunities
• An inclusive, meritocratic culture
• Market-competitive benefits
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips http://www.hsbc.com/careers