L'ATELIER Malaysia is looking for an Associate Director to work across the portfolio of the world’s leading luxury company. This is a rare opportunity to work at the absolute cutting edge of luxury marketing in the world’s most exciting and dynamic market. From a planned socialist economy to an economic powerhouse in just a single generation, there has never been – nor will there ever be – anything like Malaysia. What happens next? Someone once said that the best way to predict the future is to invent it. L'ATELIERexists to invent the customer experience of tomorrow. That’s where you come in.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Managing Director
3 best things about the job:
- Autonomy to lead and to thrive, both as a client leader as well as a people leader. Formal and on-the-job leadership training will be provided.
- Encouraged to be a self-starter and to flex entrepreneurial skills to accelerate value-added services with clients across the spectrum of channels/platforms, including digital, data and content.
- Opportunity to build business and commercial acumen through formal and on-the-job training
Measures of success –
In 3 months:
- Grasped the client portfolio operationally and ensure that day-to-day client servicing needs are met.
- Understanding global network and global media stream
- Demonstrated to direct reports the capability and know-how to guide them and to add value to what they do on a day-to-day basis.
In 6 months:
- Fostered strong client relationships across the client portfolio for self and team and already have a strong understanding of the client’s key business requirements.
- Demonstrated the ability to guide and coach team, helping them improve their strategic thinking skills and capabilities as well as their digital, data and content knowledge.
- Begin to develop an incremental business pipeline for your clients.
In 12 months:
- Demonstrated the ability to develop and diversify clients and translate them into commercial opportunities.
- Successfully sold in an out-of-scope project and/or participated in a winning new business pitch.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Utilize an in-depth knowledge of Malaysian consumer behavior, global, regional and local trends and the evolving media landscape to provide appropriate input and direction to the team.
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ brand activity and identify suitable opportunities to up-sell or cross-sell Mindshare and GroupM out-of-scope services.
- Develop strategic media-neutral / integrated plans.
- Act as key liaison accountable for the output among the different teams of Mindshare and GroupM, including the planning, implementation and buying teams, digital specialists, content and activation units and associate WPP companies such as Kinetic, TNS, Ogilvy etc. as the need arises.
- Possess the agility to work with various stakeholders especially roster agencies to ensure collaboration is happening and project manage as necessary.
- Manage portfolio’s P&L, manage client budgets and deliver on annual media KPIs.
- Develop a close working relationship with senior management of key media partners to facilitate collaboration and breakthrough communications solutions.
- Manage and develop team members are important in the organization.
What you will need:
- The successful candidates will have at least 9 years of media planning experience.
- They will also have excellent budget management, client servicing and selling skills.
- Possess an analytical personality with a talent for innovative thinking and problem-solving.
- Numerically inclined, ability to interpret data and statistical information.
- Passion for constantly learning something new and exciting.
- Possess skills in negotiating, interacting, managing and dealing with people.
- Working attributes include strong initiator, results oriented, ability of working under pressure in challenging and fast changing business environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Team player: must be able to work well in a team, communicate and coordinate with other members.
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
As Malaysia moves towards its goal of becoming a developed nation by 2020, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Looking ahead to 2017, Malaysia is one of the focus markets for securing the latest versions of our global programmatic technology, data management platforms and cross-media analytics. Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.