What You’ll Do
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Manager in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in the Service Provider market. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Who You’ll Work With
Acts as a trusted advisor with the account team and account leadership (e.g. Client Director) to demonstrate the business value of Cisco solutions, architectures and services by aligning opportunities with a 3-5 year architectural vision. Serves as the lead advocate for customers / partners within Cisco.
Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
Who You Are
You will have 10+ years related experience with Cisco/key competitor product offerings with Pre-Sales experience in Service Provider required. Typically requires BS/BA (Electrical Engineering/Computer Science) or equivalent from reputable University. CCIE certification is preferred.
Soft skill requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Capabilities to work with various non-technical groups (finance, legal, Post sales)
- Can work under minimum supervision and under pressure
- Self-motivated, fast learner and has initiatives
- Capabilities to lead a group of people with various technical background
- Capabilities to have strategic thinking to address customer concern and to support customer business growth.
- Customer oriented attitude
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Understand about Service Provider Architecture such as IP NGN, Broadband Ethernet, Mobility, and DWDM
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP Routing and Switching , IP /MPLS , Carrier Ethernet , DWDM , Mobility
- Hands on experience in routing and switching products
- Has product knowledge in advance technologies either for Cisco Product or Cisco Competitor products
- Capabilities in designing end to end large complex network to meet Service Providers requirements