Overview of job
This role will lie at the intersection of Strategy, Data and Digital. It will be a person with the academic capabilities to lead and manage the Business Science team, a more progressive, outward facing presence and mindset.
Many of the most challenging and demanded questions from clients are in the area of digital and data. While we have capability in some areas both at MediaCom and GroupM, the majority of that resource is focused on quite discrete, operational level activity. Where we have a current void, and what clients expect and need from us is in our ability to take a broader, more holistic view of new possibilities and translate this into a motivating and compelling vision and then action for our clients and our teams.
In analytics (Business Science) we do great work, however it tends to be inward focused on bespoke projects that do not scale across the company to impact the broader organization. The Chief Product Officer will bring more progressive analytical methods that advance us beyond MM and regression analysis, to take advantage of the possibilities of machine learning, AI, social, search, e-commerce and real-time data capture.
They will build close partnerships with Google, Facebook and others to ensure we understand their latest developments (not just at a product level but at a technological level) and can leverage those to the benefit of MediaCom and our clients with market leading, progressive new solutions.
In digital, we have strong operational prowess in discrete areas, but also lack a bigger perspective and agency positioning on digital that can drive a stronger purpose amongst our digital teams, shifting them from being reactive and operational to being able to advise, guide and execute within a connected system.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the CEO at MediCom APAC.
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work directly with the world’s biggest brands on high profile projects regionally and globally
- A fun, flexible work environment that combines the best of entrepreneurialism whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Working within a proven, high performing team with an excellent network of support and development opportunities within MediaCom-GroupM and WPP
What you will need:
- University level education in Behavioral Economics, Marketing, Strategy, Mathematics or Technology.
- Mathematics / Statistics capabilities to personally lead and further develop our Business Science / Analytics practice.
- Technical know how and active interest to evaluate, integrate and leverage emerging new Data, Technology and Analytics possibilities from within WPP and with external partners.
- An active interest in Marketing Strategy, Psychology and influence.
- Proven ability to captivate and inspire audiences from junior to senior, internal and external.
- Ability to lead teams, develop a motivating vision and connect that to meaningful and valuable operational execution.
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.