**Some careers open more doors than others.**
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as **Senior Vice President, Procurement.**
**In this role, you will**
* Act as Deputy to Head of Procurement, overseeing purchasing and accounts payable operations in Singapore.
* Deputize Head of Procurement in meetings with the Monetary Authority of Singapore and at Steering Committee meetings chaired by the Association of Banks of Singapore.
* Lead a team and be responsible for the entire purchase to pay life cycle for HSBC in Singapore, including management of teams in China and India.
* Engage internal users by understanding their business needs, maintain a reliable service provider base that offers superior quality services or products, conduct cost analysis and identify savings through negotiation with service providers.
* Identify opportunities of save target for the various expense categories and negotiate with Service Providers to materialize the saves
* Ensure contracts are renewed timely to mitigate the risk of dispute and claims against the Bank and to enforce ‘No Po, No Payment’ policy
* Ensure Procurement is in line with Group framework, working with other Procurement counterparts on the Group initiatives by sharing and developing best practices
* Ensure that payments to vendors for goods and services are processed timely in accordance to payments terms.
* Ensure adherence and controls are in place by adopting Finance policies and procedures for payments.
* Work very closely with subject matter experts such as legal, regulatory compliance, operational risk, security and fraud risks to ensure that risks are identified and mitigated
**To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements**
* University Degree.
* An extensive years of Procurement experience, preferably in the finance industry.
* Possess good analytical skills of spend for various expense categories and bring under the influence of Procurement to provide best purchasing practices.
* Possess excellent negotiation skills and able to work with limited resources and under very tight timelines.
* Intimate knowledge of Monetary Authority of Singapore regulatory requirements would be an added advantage.
* Accounts Payable experience with detailed understanding of finance operations.
* Experience in managing a team locally and remotely across regions.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009D23
**You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.**
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited