Overview of the role
As part of the [m]PLATFORM team, we are passionate about delivering operational excellence and best campaign performance for our clients in addition providing comprehensive knowledge and consultative services on all products of the [m]Platform suite. In this role you will oversee the Biddable Media team, as well as the development of our paid search and paid social products and services. This presents an opportunity to deliver on your vision of a best in market biddable operations, which will include defining best practices, sharing your years of experience with your team, and creating a superior product and service offering.
Reporting of the role: This role reports to the [m]PLATFORM Director of Operations
Measures of Success
In three months:
- Spent time with your team getting to know the business, their clients and their professional goals, and built out a management plan for the remainder of the year.
- Formed a clear view of the service delivery, operations and processes currently undertaken within your business unit.
- Developed a sound understanding of [m]PLATFORM’s Biddable Media product and services, as well as our broader proposition and service channels.
- Built relationships with all key stakeholders across the GroupM business, as well as our media and technology partners.
In six months:
- Reviewed the current product roadmap, prepared an analysis of the current state of play and presented opportunities to develop our product and service offering, to deliver best in market solutions.
- Implemented operational changes to help improve the day-to-day efficiencies and deliverables from your team, positioning your team for success.
- Undertaken a number of inter-agency initiatives that build relationships, share knowledge, develop advertiser accounts and improve operations.
In 12 months:
- Developed strong, mutually successful relationships with your key [m]PLATFORM stakeholders, our agency partners and clients.
- Actively managed and delivered against our revenue / growth targets.
- Built a competitive and market leading biddable proposition, which compliments the broader [m]PLATFORM proposition we extend to our clients.
- Invested in your team, offering development and learning opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of this Role
- Oversee [m]PLATFORM’s biddable media business unit, including service delivery, processes, product development and key stakeholder management.
- Manage a team of biddable specialists, sharing your wealth of knowledge, setting expectations for best practice, and consistently looking for opportunities to provide personal and professional development.
- Develop a market leading biddable marketing team and product, which is geared for significant growth and adopts an innovative approach to biddable services.
- Development, implementation, adoption and ongoing adherence of the team to processes and operations across the business unit, with a particular objective of enhancing service and delivery.
- Accountable for working with the team to resolve any delivery issues, discrepancies, account/data auditing and troubleshooting, as well as any required communications and feedback to key stakeholders related to campaign issues.
- Continual assessment and development of the business unit’s best practices and approach to optimisation strategies and campaign management.
- Ensure your business is delivering services to a market leading level, meeting and exceeding advertiser goals and presenting opportunities for growth and account development.
- Ownership of a resourcing plan that ensures adequate support for all of our advertisers and accounts.
- Manage a training plan, where yourself and the team are continually developing your skills, as well as keeping on top of industry and technology developments.
- Create and assess quarterly key performance goals for all members of your team, to ensure that each individual is enabled to be as successful as possible in their role.
- Accountable for all business management reporting and finance operations/reporting across your business unit.
- Accountable for the delivery of the core commercial objectives of your business unit (including but not limited to brand safety and error rates), and ensuring that your team are delivering successfully to these objectives. Regularly communicate progress against these targets to the business.
- Ensure that yourself and your team is providing regular feedback to the [m]PLATFORM Platforms team regarding any technical challenges, reporting template requirements, feature enhancements and roadmap suggestions.
- Ongoing development of your products and services, including accountability for delivering to a product roadmap, and the activation of new tools, technologies and capabilities.
- Works with team, agencies and clients, to identify growth opportunities across accounts, and stay on top of advertiser needs to feed into product development.
- Working closely with your internal and agency counterparts to collate feedback on service delivery, products and opportunities that you will take into consideration for managing your business.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to the [m]PLATFORM Activation team, and where required GroupM agencies and advertisers, to increase awareness and understanding of biddable media solutions, share your expertise, and create excitement for upcoming products.
- Manage key stakeholders across agencies, clients, the [m]PLATFORM team and our media/tech partners. In particular, managing the day-to-day trading relationships with of media partners.
- Cultivate a positive team culture of fun, productivity, knowledge sharing and growth.
- Epitomise the [m]PLATFORM vision and values, and sets a positive example for your peers.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years’ of media experience.
- 5+ years’ experience working within Paid Social and Paid Search Marketing, in an operational, managerial and strategic capacity.
- Experience working in a digital agency or specialist search/social agency is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience managing a team, with a minimum of at least 3 direct reports. Experience managing managers is highly desirable.
- Intermediate to high level of experience in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of Google AdWords, Bing, Kenshoo, Marin, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, as well as other social media channels.
- Sound understanding of the Paid Search and Social industry and the technology landscape.
- Communication, presentation and sales skills with a knack for consultative selling.
- Keen organisation skills, with experience prepare project plans and delivering projects to deadlines.
[m]PLATFORM is the world’s most powerful collection of data, technology, and expertise enabling global audience addressability and accountability across all media, combining the data and technology team members and toolkit from Xaxis, Connect, and GroupM Data & Analytics into one organization. The [m]PLATFORM vision is to inspire our employees to be our client’s trusted advisor and show leadership in our ability to consult not sell and deliver outcomes not features based on their evolving marketing needs and business challenges
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.