Louis Berger is an Engineering News-Record top-20 ranked, $1 billion global professional services corporation that helps clients solve their most complex infrastructure and development challenges across over 50 nations. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems. We are driven by our passion for our work, our industry and for delivering on our promise to provide Solutions for a better world.
We are actively seeking talented professionals to join our dynamic and dedicated team who will contribute to the ongoing success of delivering to the needs of our client.
Our team is currently looking to hire a Design Manager based in one of our projects in Abu Dhabi. The incumbent is responsible for the design process and/or provision of high value technical expertise for relevant projects as assigned by the Project leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities not limited to:
- Plan, organise and manage all phases of architectural works and related technical support for the project’s design implementation, design reviews, design management.
- Review documents in various phases for design intent, material use and master plan intent.
- Analysis of building and zoning codes.
- Prepare and conduct design review workshops.
- Conduct on-site observations and compliance checks.
- Oversee implementation of design in consultation with client/designer/contractor and other Louis Berger discipline staff.
- Review contract documentation, submittals and drawings and provide feedback to designer and/or contractor. Provide recommendations to client.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all facets related to design implementation and construction. Ensure all documentation is coordinated through the project’s document control function.
- Communications and Presentations.
- Preparation of presentations for Clients and other meetings as required.
- Assist with preparation of digital imagery, mock ups and colour renderings as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Professional Membership (i.e.RIBA, AIA) preferred
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in architectural design with major commercial projects, with values in excess of US$100 million.
- Experience in preparation of reports and submissions with conceptual elements.
- Demonstrated financial acumen.
- Experience gained within a consultancy environment is highly regarded.
- Experience gained in the Middle East mainly UAE and an understanding of its cultural heritage and business practices will be highly regarded.
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.